Only Drivers Happy With Werner

Discussion in 'Werner' started by JimTheHut, Nov 30, 2009.

1. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    Jim,
    If you even had a clue of what your headed for you would not do it. Theres a reason that there is not any positive postings for this company. Your going to drive a truck that is full of someone else filth, poorly cleaned at best. Your going to work more hours (alot of them for free) in 1 week than your currently work in a month. Your going to get treated like #### by most of the shippers/receivers, and (sadly) other drivers on the road. You probably going to get the privilege of getting to take a shower in a room that is dirty than you are. You will probably get stuck with the hand unloads ( Micheals, Kaybee Toys, etc..) because your the new guy. An this is the good stuff, as if I were to write about the bad stuff the editor nazi would strike it all out..

A lot of these co's try to put you in as a trainer. Even if you lease. The co's that train newbies to get their CDL's make money off the newbies and the trainers. Sad deal if you have to train to make money. I like the co's that require a lot of stick time, standards, and time at a co before they label you a trainer. __________________

I will address both posts. As far as making money, I am only making unemployment right now. I do not enjoy being on the government had out system, but I am not going to act like I do not appreciate it either. I just think that I should do everything I can to get out on my own. I have a very good friend that is a truck driver and he loves it. He works for a local company now, but said he even enjoyed it when he was over the road.
    I am a former member of the Underwater Demolition/SEAL Teams. Our motto is "The only easy day was yesterday!" I think I will be able to handle anything they throw at me. Our troops are living in far worse conditions than I will ever be forced to live in while trucking. If I could, I would be over there with them right now fighting the enemies of our country. So I am not looking for the easy road or the easy life.

As far as liking the companies that want more stick time, well that is all well in good if you have the stick time. But if there are not companies out there who will give you the stick time, then people like me will never get a chance. It sounds like you want to lock out any newbie that wants to get in so that you guys can have it all to your self.
    I do not have a problem with the business model of using cheaper labor to meet the bottom line. As long as they are not breaking any laws, then I say they are pretty smart for doing it that way. This is America and it is a free country. No one puts a gun to anyone's head to get into driving. Are they taking advantage of the present economic climate or are they doing what they need to survive in it? Probably a bit of both. IF there were a ton of options out there, people would not be flocking to this industry in record numbers.
    I think some of the people on this forum resent the fact that this is happening to this industry and can not make the money that they used to. But this is happening to alot of industries. I got laid off because I was the highest paid. And guess what, no one will hire me because they do not want to pay me what my experience will bring and they will not hire me for less because they figure that I will just become unhappy and leave eventually. So here I am. I appreciate everyone's concern about mine and every other newbie on here but I am not convinced that all of your are genuine and do not have alter motives or are just miserable and want to be a wet blanket for any of us that are willing to make a change and deal with the adverse conditions that we are surrounded by.
    That is what has made America great! That is why I am proud to be an American! Because when the chips are down, we do not run and hide and cry like a baby. We dig in, we make sacrifices, and we do what is necessary to survive. I sold my 40' cruiser, my lexus and my tractor. I am doing what I need to do to survive and I will survive.
    I am at perfect peace with my decision to go into trucking. I am a Christian and I have prayed about this and believe that this is where the Lord wants me to go!
    If you are a Christian, then you are a minister. So if the Lord is sending me into the trucking field to be a witness, then I gladly go!

I am also a member of Seals For Christ. If you want to check out our web page it is http://www.sealsforchrist.net

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    I misread the one post. You were talking about time before you became a trainer.
    I understand what you were saying and agree. Sorry for misreading it!

4. luvtheroad

luvtheroad Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    Powder Joints, one question for you... Were you ever or are you currently employed by Werner Enterprises or any of it's holdings?
    Thanks!

Sorry, if I had read your profile before the post, I would have seen that you aren't with them now, but were you ever?

JimTheHut Thanks this.
  5. dragonmatrix

dragonmatrix Medium Load Member

Sep 20, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV.
    You hit the nail right on the head :yes2557:

venne and luvtheroad Thank this.
  6. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    It is unfortunate, but this is the way it is going to be until things settle out!

7. dragonmatrix

dragonmatrix Medium Load Member

Sep 20, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Thats the way it is in the job market right now. Not just trucking.

venne Thanks this.
  8. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!

One of my best friends who is a computer programmer told me yesterday that his hours got cut. We served together in the Navy.
    He is in the same boat. Older, higher paid...an easy target!

I run into people all the time that have had the same thing happen to them in all different types of jobs.:biggrin_2554:

9. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN

I was canned by a morbidly obese woman who started in the corporate level of Lowe's due to her "formal" education. She was working her way down the line. She was in corporate before being demoted to store manager.

And I refuse to mention her sexual preference.

Funny my sales were excellent, even got a bonus 2 weeks before being fired.

10. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    There are horror stories everywhere. But the analogy I like to use is a sail boat.
    Even in the worse storms, as long as the boat keeps moving, it can pretty much withstand anything. However if it goes dead in the water, it is doomed!
    I am not going to go dead in the water!:biggrin_255:

11. ccolvin

ccolvin Medium Load Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Taft, Ca
    Hey guys just thought I'd update you I'm sitting at a pilot In lordsburg nm on my 10 hour break. Was taking a load from Phoenix to las cruces but I'm swapping it with another driver tomorrow at 13:00 due to them not being able to
    make it on time. So far this is my third load the swap will be number 4. I have been running hard and haven't sat for more than an hour. I'm liking Werner a lot ATM we will see if that changes. Anyways talk to you guys later it's bedtime lol.

Vitamin D, JimTheHut and venne Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.