OOS for not having a permit

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by pavrom, Jun 21, 2019.

1. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    The statement of if you save a grand on permits then that's a grand in your pocket speaks volumes. Saying you care and really caring are different things.

Making a clear concise decision to say f the permit, coupled with the grand in your pocket statement then coming on here acting like Mr concerned is why your getting told the truth you dont want to hear in a very blunt manor. Its unprofessional, bad business and really insulting. Accurate advice starts with the truth that's alls I'm sayin

INRUT, blade, D.Tibbitt and 10 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Let me relate a story to you to show you just how important open deck securement is. It was the early 1990’s, I was in my early 20s working in Russia for a 1099 contractor. We were on a dedicated run hauling containers of illegal firearms and ammunition in overseas containers.

It’s about ten below that day, I decide to just chain the front of the container and throw a strap over the back, Kremlin be darned. I grab a fifth of Russian vodka and strike out for Moscow. I had failed to make sure the deck wasn’t frozen, so you can imagine what happened as I took a curve a little too fast and the container came loose.

Now unbeknownst to me, Boris Yeltsin is a huge David Hasselhoff fan. Well, not only is the Hoff on tour in mother Russia, but he actually gets caught up in the backup I caused. I also didn’t realize my fifth of vodka had gone flying out of the cab, and wouldn’t you know it, Hoff picked it up and polished it off.

(Here he is stuck in the backup my hasty securement caused)
    86938457-0243-4E76-9D22-EC3F5221F20E.jpeg

Now we have a real problem, Hoff is expected to play a concert for Yeltsin and he can’t make it. On top of that, I’ve got Gorbachev and the KGB breathing down my neck about the firearms because they are wanting to start a skirmish with the Ukraine. I sobered up quickly, put the Hoff on horseback, and he made the show.

D56948A0-AE86-4C15-B155-B51FFE9DDD58.jpeg

Did I end the Cold War? I wouldn’t go that far, but seeing Hoff riding on horseback to Moscow was a defining moment in my open deck career.

4. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    If the shoe fits...

I admire your courage in posting this. Man, you had to know what kind of a reception you'd get.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.

whoopNride, blade, spyder7723 and 7 others Thank this.
  5. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    I always try to do my best but its sometimes overseen from time to time from this side or another . Doesn't mean to become an outlaw or running crazy or illegal , people do mistakes sometimes intentionally or not . I appreciate feedback from the community either good or bad

blade Thanks this.
  6. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    At the end of the day the man is just asking “ how will this effect his safety score”?
    The real answer is it probably will have little to no effect for him because he wasn’t put out of service officially for a safety violation.
    He was basically told unofficially don’t move till you get the proper permits.

adayrider Thanks this.
  7. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Just run legal. It's not a difficult concept to understand.

The feedback you got was the feedback you deserved.

8. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Hey pavrom- Pay attention here- I won't insult you but.............

When you Eastern Euro's do what you do- You make us American Drivers Look bad- (As others have stated here)

Its Not just you- THE BROKERS SEE HOW YOU GUYS OPERATE AND EXPECT THAT KIND OF SERVICE FROM EVERYONE THEN.

Hey, If you wanna haul steel-oversize-reefer whatever- Follow our Laws.....Don't go racing 900 miles after you just loaded at 4pm to deliver "Next day" ,You make the Brokers Dikks very hard when you do that.

them its expected by all of us. Go back to Europe if you wanna run around trying to "Surpass" the way we do things here. And Im Serious, No need for this.

JonJon78 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  9. Humblepie

Humblepie Pontificator

Dec 25, 2018
    There is NO try. Do or Do Not! It’s not that hard of a concept.

spyder7723, Czar_Zero, Feedman and 3 others Thank this.
  10. adayrider

adayrider Road Train Member

May 7, 2018
    I missed all that for sure.
    However I've been calling my dog stupid for years and he still doesn't know it. I don't think anyone will have any better results from a human.
    $4 bucks a mile is no different then the $0.85 out of Florida (or what ever it was). Some think it pays some don't.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  11. adayrider

adayrider Road Train Member

May 7, 2018
    It's just a money grab. You are allowed 80k unless you buy their magic paper then you're good for 120k.
    ( hope spelling is right)

blade, Feedman and REO6205 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.