Operating Expenses

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by clucas92, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Oakland Raiders Forever

Oakland Raiders Forever Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2020

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    The biggest item most people leave out of their business plan is “contingencies”. All the stuff you never thought to plan for. Hotel rooms during repairs, flights to go check out a truck, doo-dads for the truck you think are going to pay for themselves, data overage charges from the cell phone company, overweight fines, downtime because the DMV entered some scumbags license number wrong when they suspended him, and suspending you instead........

you know, contingencies......

feldsforever Thanks this.
  4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    That sounds oddly specific, like it's happened to you before....

feldsforever Thanks this.
  5. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    happened to a driver, got pulled over for a left lane violation in Spokane at midnight on Friday. Was a fair fluster cluck......

ZVar Thanks this.
  6. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    it happened to me when i just 18-19 years old. I got a letter from the DMV in the mail telling me my License had been suspended for failure to appear on a traffic summons.

I had never been to the town where the ticket was wrote, heck it was on the other end of the state.

i called the DMV and got the phone number for the court, called them, they got me to the prosecutor’s office who got in touch with the cop who said I was in fact not the person he pulled over and cited.

After an afternoon of anguish and phone calls i got a call from the prosecutor who informed me that he was sorry for the mistake & everything was cleared up. I called the DMV & they confirmed it.

all it takes is someone to screw up by one number and your life can go upside down in a hurry.

Midwest Trucker and feldsforever Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.