opies transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by babyboy6, Feb 1, 2012.

1. snowball326

snowball326 Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2013
    I drove for Opies, Excellent, they are fantastic, they practically worship their Drivers, the equipment is second to none, top pay and benefits, insurance, 100% match 401K etc. That's the good news. BUT you had better toe the line, they are VERY strict ( a good thing ), and won't tolerate any whiners or BS complainers. Drive straight, keep your nose clean and you will be happy. I would still be there but I got hurt ( not their fault ) and had to retire. Good luck!

asphaltreptile311 and babyboy6 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. babyboy6

babyboy6 Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2010
    memphis,tn
    I've got to agree with you 100%...been here a little over a year and its the best company I ever drove for

4. snowball326

Mar 15, 2013
    Thanks, glad that you're having a good experience there, I really miss working for them, and if I were able to, I would LOVE to come back. I still have all of my old Log Books and I kept journals, detailed written notes of EVERY trip. I worked real hard and was NEVER late for a pickup or delivery, 100% on time, never an accident or a ticket, always cared for the Equipment, got along well with everybody (except a Dispatcher, "Bob") but then was assigned to Corby and never had another problem. "Hap" is Solid Gold, I loved that Thoughtful Christian Man. What a GREAT outfit. Tell Danny I said "Hi", and that I'm truly sorry for the way things turned out Good Luck and God be with you on the road!

babyboy6 Thanks this.
  5. BDJ

BDJ Light Load Member

May 21, 2013
    Memphis,TN
    Anyone know if they accept recent grads? I'll be starting my CDL training next week and wrapping up early-mid June.

6. snowball326

Mar 15, 2013
    Maybe..... They're EXTREMELY picky when it comes to hiring Drivers, Have you ever pulled a Food Grade Tank(er)? Food grade Tanker Trailers have NO BAFFLES in them, the Liquid inside sloshes back&forth, side-to-side CONSTANTLY..... it's called "SURGE", and it takes a LOT of experience to handle one, it ain't everybody's cup of tea!! Having said all that, you can call the Main Office in Eldon and talk to " Hap ", he's a GREAT guy. Tell him "Hi" from the "Old Hippie". PM me later and let me know how it goes. God Bless You.............SF

7. day late

day late Bobtail Member

Dec 1, 2015
    If you don't mind my asking, what company do you drive for?

8. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Any current information on Opies? I am thinking about applying to them. Just wondered if they pay demurrage, layover, etc. Current cpm and what is home time like?

9. nightgunner

nightgunner Road Train Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Why not ask them?

rubberducky68 Thanks this.
  10. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    I am going to call them tomorrow. I am curious. I haven't seen much about them on here. I figured if they were all bad someone would have jumped on here and blasted them. I'll post what they tell me.

11. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    I've never worked there,I did see there drivers a lot deliver where I went .Out of the other tank companies that delivered there opies drivers always impressed me they all seemed happy with opies and had nice equipment. If I was looking for an Otr tank company they would be one of the top of my list

rubberducky68 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.