Opinions on GREATWIDE TRUCKLOAD MANAGEMENT

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by PAtruckerlife, Jun 9, 2017.

1. PAtruckerlife

PAtruckerlife Bobtail Member

Jun 9, 2017
    Before I start I need to say this. Greatwide Truckload Management is NOT Greadwide logistics/ Greatwide Cardinal. I've been looking for reviews and no one seems to know that these are not the same companies. I am extremely interested in being an owner op under Greatwide TM but before I sign anything and get stuck in a contract I need some honest reviews on them. What is better.. running for an agency or running central dispatch? I've talked to the recruiter and he made it sound really promising. If you have worked for this company or currently work for them please tell me ur honest opinion of them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. devildog3531

devildog3531 Light Load Member

Jul 5, 2015
    I was wondering the same thing.

PAtruckerlife Thanks this.
  4. Xhiz

Xhiz Light Load Member

Jul 9, 2017
    I'm also looking to sign on, to greatwide and get a quality truck. I prefer chowing my own loads and negotiating with brokers. Only replies or opinions I see about them are either o.o using their agents or company. A driver there says he makes good money but he only use brokers, he says the agents don't offer much pay on loads and will use you if you let them. Would like more info as well though be for I make a decision

5. Bigrayon

Bigrayon Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2015
    Well all of the great wide name there is all apart of Greatwide, don't forget they buy other companies and change them to Greatwide Dallas Mavis are any of the other ones you see is apart of them, Greatwide tm are atf, know as far as money goes yes you can make good money here, the key is to stay on Central, because when you are on Central you get to see and learn were is the money at, yes we have some very very good agent here, and yes we have some that needs a good cut ###, because of the low down games they play, know I will keep it real the ATL agent have a bad rep, because of the games they play and I can back up my word, because as in in house driver are l/o are o/o what ever title they want to use, they tried me an a load, so I would not pull a load for them for nothing are no amount of money, if you are anyone come here you can make it, but it will not be a walk in the park, you must learn how it works here you must invest the time in, I have done on some weeks grossing over 9000 and I have had week with 0000, so don't let people tell you will not make it here you can, and yes there are guys that doesn't make it ok, if you come and go right out the gate with on agent, good luck with that, if you get lucky and land a good Agent on day one, it can happen but you will lose more than win, June coming will make two years with them, and I will give you are anyone a little tidbit some agent here do power only most of the year ok, know one agent right know have loads paying over 1600. Per day and up, so a good day you can gross over 2000 give are take, know if you are under on agent you would never see that load an the broad because you will be blocked from the broad, so would you drive down the road with your eyes closed, that is what happens when you work for a Agent, you see nothing and no one sees you but your agent, don't be a dummy, keep your eyes open while driving good luck to you all

DudleyBoyNC, LexMak and DSK333 Thank this.
  6. Xhiz

Xhiz Light Load Member

Jul 9, 2017
    So true, those agents have no idea how to route a truck, or at least better than the driver. I'm looking to go over to the flatbed focus on. Greatwide is a true o.o on the central side and you can do anything from oilfield, to heavy haul. But like you said, if the agents are routing you then good luck.

7. Bigrayon

Aug 16, 2015
    If you don't have experience in flat bed as far as to what I was told you must be here for 6 months then go to the class, they are almost in the same since of land star are Mercer, but not the same, here you can run agent load which most of them are like running back hull, one thing must happy is a Agent must bill the load so ever thought you might find a load one of the agent must put it in system for you to get your fuel advance for the load and yes that Agent will get a cut, this is were road runner went wrong, because when they stop us from using brokers ie there low ball in house broker load that pays worst than some of the agent here, you see Greatwide think ahead and say will you can look for your own loads but I will also make sure my agents make money in the same token, in turn almost every one is somewhat happy, this is not the best place are a perfect place it have it's own ups and downs like any other carrier, but you can make here, know you said about flatbed, if you ask me what would be the best, I would tell you and any one thinking in that direction get you a step deck, know here is the good side, if you come here go on the gratewide Dallas Mavis Central dispatch side, because that side is mostly open deck know if you are clean as in no prior and have a twic and a us citizen, you will make very very very good money pull uncle Sam loads from bass to bass and vendor to bass,

truck6677 Thanks this.
  8. Xhiz

Xhiz Light Load Member

Jul 9, 2017
    I've been here for about 3 months, I pick my loads off different boards, heard we been bought out by Evans, hope I can keep picking my own loads because these agents don't know how to pick loads, if not I will have to leave.

9. Bigrayon

Aug 16, 2015
    As to what I was told nothing is to be changed just new owners will have to see what happens, my self is watching time will tell going on my second year with them

10. truck6677

truck6677 Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2012
    I pull for a agent.,on the van side out of dfw area, not bad could be better looking into the open deck side of the house,sometime next year.Pulled flat beds and steps a few years ago

11. Bigrayon

Aug 16, 2015
    Look at there load broad step deck pays better, TX to CA round trip is good paying loads

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.