Opinions working in coca cola class A

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Jmelendez1223, Dec 24, 2019.

1. HoustonTrucker

HoustonTrucker Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2015
    Except that whole "no one could do what I do" comment.

6 years at pepsi, did everything there was to do in the warehouse, including 80 hours in 5 day weeks in the summer, then got my CDL and did sideload where they jam your truck as full as it will get, par you on the back and say "dont bring anything back!"

Eventually people figure out there are better paying less back breaking jobs out there.

McUzi Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jmelendez1223

Jmelendez1223 Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2019
    im in new jersey and yes with liberty coke and yes ill like some info

4. Jmelendez1223

Jul 29, 2019
    And btw idk if this is good or bad but i just checked my email and in the offer letter it said my pay rate is gonna 113.60 a day plus case commision someone explain thanks

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  5. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    It means that in addition to your 113.60 a day, you will get whatever the commission rate is for each case on that truck. Commission rates will vary by each product on your trailer. For example, if a case of 20oz coke is 25.00, you will get anywhere from 2 to 3 percent of that case cost which translate to about .50 to .75 cents a case commission

6. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    In a nutshell, the $113.60 is a base rate just for showing up. You’ll be paid on cases delivered, and there may be a tiered rate based on the type of case; likely take home packages being the lowest (12 packs and 2 liters), single serve (20oz etc) and BIB (syrup). They may even break it down further by assigning a tier to each case by the exact type of packaging.

If you become efficient with your route, the faster you crank that route out, the higher your effective hourly rate is, the downside, if you aren’t efficient, the reverse.

They may also subtract damages, returns and credits from your daily cases delivered as well, so it’s prudent to be in a good habit of rotating delivered product.

7. Jmelendez1223

Jul 29, 2019
    Cases i remember just now are 40 cents per case so usually what i would be making like a estimate sample and how much is that per hour ?

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  8. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Sideloader or lift gate truck with Rd pallets? Rd pallets you can move a lot more, I run two at a time and they average about 20 cases mixed per pallet. If you have 12 packs only it will be 40 per pallet, bib only pallets seem to only 5 or 6 most of the time. Are they paying 40 per case on all cases?

9. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    loved it when coke switched from sideloaders to 35 ft endloaders.
    Made unloading alot quicker

McUzi and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  10. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    Preface that entire post with “in your area”. None of that is true in MY area. That’s the point- don’t just Write off beverage as hard work for lousy pay. It ALL depends on the area. That’s just a fact.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  11. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    yep, that’s the pay. They’ll start you out at that daily rate, plus 28 cents per case (average 500 per day ) plus 7 cents for every 2 liter shell you pick up plus VROT (variable rate OT) for anything over 8 hours. You’ll start out with 3 vacation weeks and very affordable health care.

liberty did away with their pension for new hires, but their 401k is pretty sweet.

The money is solid. I know for a fact.

jmz, FlaSwampRat and Jmelendez1223 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.