Optimizer

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by Coover, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Well didn't even crack 400 miles for the day.... But holy activity pay..........398 miles, 17 paid activities, I think I actually accidentally cracked $400 mark today including layover pay. Tomorrow though go home day will be mega miles, and 3 paid activities since I'm 300+ miles from backhaul dc, then drop, hook and empty move 200+ miles to my home DC ;-)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chewey2

Chewey2 Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2015
    I have trouble getting over 500 miles but I had that before craptimiser. Just the way it is with all the multi pick ups, live loads/unloads and such. But the dead heading gets me:) They announced that optimiser was a resounding success as it had cut so much deadheading. Yet, every one at every warehouse talks about they are deadheading more than they ever have before. They must have changed the way they score what is deadhead. But empty trailers are empty trailers no matter how they score it.....300 mile deadheads still don't pay, no matter what craptimiser says and it hurts the bottom line of the company:(

slim6596 Thanks this.
  4. Chewey2

Chewey2 Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2015
    The ROC told us that they were going to let the optimiser run unobstructed and hands off for 90 days....didn't take long for that to go awry:) If a human is now overseeing all dispatchers, they need to get a new human;) I think that is the ideal...replace humans at roc...

slim6596 Thanks this.
  5. BackIsSore

BackIsSore Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    I fall just under 500 every day also. It's probably doable if I push a little harder and didn't stop to take a shower every day but I like to be clean.

kwk100e, foggy and georgear1084 Thank this.
  6. kwk100e

kwk100e Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2017
    deadheading is never profitable no matter how you look at it it is by no means optimal

Chewey2, TransplantBadger and foggy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.