Ordering Oversize permits...

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by HopeOverMope, Jun 11, 2018.

1. HopeOverMope

HopeOverMope Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    just curious who you guys might be using to order permits through? JJ Keller wants $45 flat rate per state plus state fees, com data wants $60 some odd dollars plus state fees. For my local neighboring states I plan to order direct, but thought it might be convienent to order through a provider on those runs that cross more than 4 or 5 states... we used to use com data at LS, must of gotten a great rate because if I remember right we were only paying about $20 flat right plus state fees.

Any tips or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Ruthless Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dan47

Dan47 Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2015
    You should probably go for cheaper, however I would spend few hours at home (or have my lady to do it) by computer and make an accounts (and instructions for myself if needed) with each state. If you planning to haul oversize often I don't see reason to feed someone else when you can do it yourself and save a buck. Moreover, this permit services not that convenient as they stating unless they have some special relationship with states. They gonna ask you a bunch of questions, then call you back and ask again, then state will ask them additional question and permit services will call you again etc. Why you just don't contact state directly and answer all neccesary questions. They have people for this and they know what information they needed.

There is states where you can get permit only with permitting agency though, so you should have account with them for this cases.

HopeOverMope Thanks this.
  4. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.
    IMG_5424.PNG

$20 per permit.
    I prefer to use this service because I don't have to file each individual permit myself.
    I give them the year/make/model/plate#/ axle spacings/tire ratings for each piece of equipment I have, they keep them all on file.

When I need permits, I call or email quick, tell them who I am they open my file, I need permits for states xyz, from address a to b, preferably along route 123, utilizing tractor xxx and trailer yyy, what the dims are, what the object is..... couple hours later I have PDF files of each permit ready to print on one email. I can keep doing what I do and not lose time filling out each states permit app, nor keeping an eye out for each individual permit as it comes.

For $20 I'm more than satisfied with the ease of use.

5. HopeOverMope

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    Thanks that’s exactly what I needed. I like working with ATS anyways. Thanks

6. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.

It ain't ats the carrier- it's a place out of jersey

rank and HopeOverMope Thank this.
  7. HopeOverMope

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    Ahhh. Ok, extra thanks then.

Ruthless Thanks this.
  8. 1nicevette

1nicevette Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2016
    Wyoming you just call and get a clearance number and tell them what port you are going to be going thru

9. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    You call the port that you are going to enter the state at.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.