OREGON- TEMPORARY

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Mullet_Head87, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Broke Down 69

Broke Down 69 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Concord NC
    I tend to agree with tis view.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I always printed mine out. Don't want the hassle of it being on phone. I believe it also has to be signed. Don't it?

4. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Oregon does allow you to have digital copy of permit.

5. Mullet_Head87

Mullet_Head87 Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Clearwater
    Well, all the hype and every coop was closed. I passed through Saturday night from Idaho to Aurora TA here south of Portland. 1st time going along the gorge and too bad it was pitch black. Was very eerie passing by a mountain of fire at 2am. I'll try and upload a video from my dash cam.

glitterglue Thanks this.
  6. Mullet_Head87

Apr 19, 2014
    Clearwater
  7. Rocknroller4

Rocknroller4 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2015
    Yea we've been having a lot of wildfires lately. Glad the rain is starting up as end of the summer was all smoke and haze. Air quality was terrible. Best time to drive into Portland by the way because normally it's busy busy busy.

8. keitht

keitht Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2012
    USA
    My state accepts phone copies of oversize permits (if that's what you are talking about?) It I have additional questions, I read the number and look it up via the computer. Most states can easily search permits issued thru their own state. But you must have a copy, either in hard-copy or electronic, and as stated above, you are restricted to only the routes on the permit. On any other route, the permit is invalid and will be revoked.

9. Mullet_Head87

Apr 19, 2014
    Clearwater
    Also when I fueled I put my pass # when it asked for PUC# at the pump. I had to quickly Google to make sure I put the right # in and guys were saying they just put their plate #. I put the permit # and it went through so I guess it was right. Why is Oregon different/difficult. WHY IS I FREAKIN 5 DOUBLE NICKEL ALL THE WAY TO WHERE YOU HAVE TO CONTINUE GOING DOUBLE NICKEL IN CALI!!!! I was "ALLEGEDLY" going 60-62 throughout doh.

10. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Oregon will give you a speeding ticket using your log book for evidence.

Get off the 5 in Oregon a lot of the state highways are 60 and 65.

Annual mileage permits, the number for puc at the pump is the license plate number.

11. volvo244t

volvo244t Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    Because it's Oregon. Worst state government in the nation, hands-down, bar none. You guys ##### about California but even that state is reasonable compared to Oregon on a great many things.

Rocknroller4 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.