Orientation 4/4/11

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by engine312, Mar 21, 2011.

1. engine312

engine312 Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Arizona
    Heading out to Shippensburg, Pa for orientation on 4/4/11. My friend and I are are going to run team. I am looking forward to this new career change, and I think my wife is trying to get me out of the house.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Double check that you have EVERYthing you need.

Employment verification, medical releases, all that bull.

They send an awful lot of folks home for those reasons.........

engine312 Thanks this.
  4. Traveler58

Traveler58 Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Northeast, PA
    When did they start having orientation in Shippensburg, PA ?
    I was thinking on coming back with USX but didn't want to take that bus ride back to Ohio. How is it at Shippensburg, PA for anyone that went their for it?

5. Wrench Turner

Wrench Turner Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Horsham PA
    I am on the schedule to attend orientation in Shippensburg too. Scarlet is my recruiter and she has been great. We e-mail every day for the past 3 weeks and when I have a question she has the answer or will get one for me. I'm being hired as a exp. solo on eastern regional. Seem like all I have been reading is negatives on USX, but theyare outdated (2010 and beyond). DOES ANYBODY HAVE POSITIVES ABOUT USX. Also, any info on Shippensburg PA terminal.

6. PabloDeOjinaga

PabloDeOjinaga Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Ojinaga, Chihuahua
    How long from the time you completed online application to getting a call from recruiter. So far I got autogenerated email but that is all after a week.

7. Traveler58

Traveler58 Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Northeast, PA
    It shouldn't be that long. Give them a call, in the AM.

8. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    I do not know how you missed my posts on here. I love this company. There are a number of current USX drivers on here who post about their current experiences. Flood and Musicgal are a couple.

I have never been to Shippensburg but I believe Musicgal has. I try hard not to spend much time in terminals as I do not make any money there. Good place to do laundry though.

Wrench Turner Thanks this.
  9. PabloDeOjinaga

PabloDeOjinaga Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Ojinaga, Chihuahua
    I knew that was near Carlisle. Seems many companies have terminals at those crossroads.

10. Wrench Turner

Jan 23, 2008
    Horsham PA
    I was not that long. I did it on a Sunday and they called me that Monday p.m.

11. Wrench Turner

Jan 23, 2008
    Horsham PA
    I've been reading them along with Musicgal posts too. Shippensburg is about an hour south of Carlisle. Easy access to I-81. I-76, I-78. I will be finalizing travel today. I picked U.s. because of the EZ Pass issue and rider/pets. Also I live just North of Phila. off ofthe PA Pike so I may be seeing home a little more often than some. They pull alot of trailers in/out of US Can/Ball in Horsham. (I can see that plant from my front door.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.