Orientation 4/4/11

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by engine312, Mar 21, 2011.

1. musicgal

musicgal Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Carthage, Missouri
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

engine312 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PabloDeOjinaga

PabloDeOjinaga Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Ojinaga, Chihuahua
    I hope to be in your shoes in less than a month. I paid for 180 hours of truck school today even though I am experienced. US Xpress recruiting required me to go to school again. I am almost manic about getting to orientation and signing the paperwork to determine the date of hire.

4. engine312

engine312 Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Arizona
    I will tell you this is the "HARDEST" job I have ever applied for. I think after all this and from talking to some of my other friends that went else where, that I can get a job anywhere. Tomorrow I am going to set my benefits up and if I don't hear form my training cordinator in the morning, I will try to touch base with her in the afternoon. I hope that they will get my friend and I a trainer this week. I would really like to get the show on the road.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  5. musicgal

musicgal Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Carthage, Missouri
    Waiting is always the hardest. I was fortunate in that I left Orientation with a trainer. If you can't get ahold of your coordinator you might try calling her supervisor....can't remember his name right now....but he was good about answering the phone and telling me what I needed to know.

6. PabloDeOjinaga

Mar 18, 2011
    Ojinaga, Chihuahua
    You have to be delicate about leaving when no one responds (to go home or kill time elsewhere). I do not think US Xpress is this way but when I worked for the unholy nightmare of Navajo Express, I had scheduled time off to fly and see my dad in San Antone. It was all coordinated. After dropping a trailer at Target (blind side too) I took the tractor to the Amarillo yard to have work done. Not only was my fleet manager aware of my status, the tractor was put in the shop, blah blah blah so I get down to San Antone and my comcheck was cut off. I called angrily to Denver and the smirky punk dispatcher claimed I "took off". My money (not theirs) is not to be rendered inaccessible (they paid on comcheck card back then)
    by a dispatcher who resents a driver going on vacation. His side of the story "he took off". Imagine starting your vacation with enough anger to go "hung gar" on half of Denver (Commerce City). So make sure you notify everyone in a very professional way before saying "hey I got to go to Padre Island or home while you people get me a trainer".

7. engine312

Jan 17, 2011
    Arizona
    They sent me home on the bus Friday morning. My training cordinator told me she will start working on getting me a trainer on Monday. In ways I did not want to go home, but it worked out because I dont have to carry all my important papers with me. Also lightens up the load a little. So now I am reorganized and packed and ready to go.:biggrin_255:

8. Traveler58

Traveler58 Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Northeast, PA
    I was sent home after I was hired also. I was only home two weeks and my trainer picked me up at a truck stop 15 miles from my home. Enjoy your time home. it will be awhile before you get back their.

engine312 Thanks this.
  9. engine312

Jan 17, 2011
    Arizona
    I hope its not 2 weeks. If it is not much I can do about it.

10. PabloDeOjinaga

Mar 18, 2011
    Ojinaga, Chihuahua
    Enjoy your home time. You might be out for a long time initially.

11. Dieseljunkie

Dieseljunkie Light Load Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Gladstone, OR
    Why in the world would you wanna work for a company that sends you home after orientation? Most companies give you a trainer within a day or two. Hmmmm......lets hire you then send you home to wait. Sounds like a croc to me

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.