Orientation 4/4/11

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by engine312, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Traveler58

Traveler58 Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Northeast, PA
    They don't always have a trainer available when you finish your orientation.
    I thought USX was a good Company when I worked for them. I'm retired now. But I miss the road and thinking about going back to them.
    Their not perfect but what company is.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dieseljunkie

Dieseljunkie Light Load Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Gladstone, OR

Well all i know is that would not cut it for me. Dont hire drivers unless you plan on immediatly putting them to work. what a waste of time and no income for a driver:biggrin_25513:

4. Traveler58

Feb 1, 2011
    Northeast, PA
    That's only for Drivers that need training. They have trucks for experienced drivers.

5. Dieseljunkie

Dieseljunkie Light Load Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Gladstone, OR

I believe that, but even companies as low as central and england and swift send you right out with a trainer. Sounds like they need to hire more trainers. What a headache for the newbies is all I'm saying:biggrin_2556:

6. engine312

engine312 Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Arizona
    Well my friend went with Swift. He got sent home 2 weeks ago and is still waiting on a trainer. I talked to him today and he said he should be going tomorrow.

I was told in orientation that they were short on trainers. I dont like sitting here at home, and I am trying to keep a positive attitude. So today I got my insurance and other things set up so I can go.

7. Traveler58

Feb 1, 2011
    Northeast, PA
    The good thing about you being home now is.
    ALL THE BAD WEATHER SHOULD BE DONE. When you get out with your trainer. But watch out for those Tornado's in the Midwest and down south.

Good luck to you,and if you have any problems with your trainer talk to him about it. I had a little problem with my trainer and I spoke up and had a good conversation with him and from then on everything went smooth.

You don't want to ask for another trainer even tho you could because you will have to wait longer to get to your upgrade.

I was only out with my trainer less than 4 weeks.

engine312 Thanks this.
  8. bigstanp

bigstanp Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2011
    well im starting orientation for usx monday in pa also 4/18/11..checking out all the advice right now..very helpful...keep it coming

9. engine312

engine312 Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Arizona
    Bob who does oreintation is good. The food was good also.
    Day 1 they do your physicals, drug test, road test and this other test (duck walk, lift a milk crate with weight etc.) sorry for the life of me I still can't remember what it was called. A lot of paperwork, dvds. It was good.

10. asphaltcowboy05

asphaltcowboy05 Bobtail Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Old Fort, NC
    I will see ya there Big Stan. I am headin to tunnel hill for orientation on the 18th. I have driven before. I am also signed up for the Dollar General dedicated.

11. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Awesome and congrats. There are always questions about dedicated accounts so try to stay in touch here

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.