Orientation 5-20-13

Discussion in 'Melton' started by burke, May 23, 2013.

1. burke

burke Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2013
    orlando, FL
    Hi everyone, just finished with my 3 weeks on a trainers truck. My trainer was extremely helpful. I'm glad I got to ride with him for the full 3 weeks. Although I was ready to get off his truck in 2. I completed the trainer truck last Friday and I have to say I'm extremely pleased with the truck I've been issued. Melton has been very helpful and accommodating. I busted my butt while working with my trainer. My goal was to out work him as much as possible. Keep it clean and safe. I drove lots of miles and sweated gallons. Very enjoyable.
    My first load was from the Sunnyvale terminal to Lerado. A repower. I'm 2nd on the load board for today, getting laundry done. Anticipating where I'm going and looking forward to new challenges. My Qualcomm is giving me fits but that will be squared away on Monday I'm sure. I will get back on here soon

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    You'll be outta there by 10 tomorrow. You have already delivered your load?

4. burke

burke Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2013
    orlando, FL
    Yes I delivered to Lerado Saturday by noon. Just got a load heading to Tulsa. Leaving Monday morning and delivery is Wednesday. 9 layers of steel beams. Lol, I asked for chellenges, I guess I should be careful for what I ask for.

5. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Oh Vanessa came in today? Hmmm. Where in Tulsa is it going? 9 layers--Loads like that I will use all the winches on the trailer. do your front and back 2 first five feet then space them going the front to back all over the top alternating sides. with whatever winches you have remaining throw the layers across, two on layers 3&6 or layers 2, 4&6 if you have that many. throw all of your straps before you start putting them into the winches just to make sure you don't block yourself.

Easy load!

6. burke

burke Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2013
    orlando, FL
    Yes, I used 2 per each layer. More straps than winches, lol

7. burke

burke Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2013
    orlando, FL
    Somewhere near the terminal. I will finally get to meet my new DM. Get a few things from the company store too. I don't know who hmmm Venessa is but maybe I will find out.

8. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    She was the one that gave you your load lol. Well usually it is her.

You don't have to do every layer, you can skip... every other, every third. ..

9. burke

burke Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2013
    orlando, FL
    Here in Lerado?

10. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Yep. She usually comes in Sunday if it's busy

11. burke

burke Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2013
    orlando, FL
    Noggin, what's your truck number?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.