Orientation 5-20-13

Discussion in 'Melton' started by burke, May 23, 2013.

1. Chase05

Chase05 Medium Load Member

Jun 16, 2013
    Central NY
    Thanks, I really appreciate the reply. I'm just really nervous about making the right choices, lol. The only complaint I've heard about Melton is that some of the experienced guys are losing loads to students (or think they are at least, idk), but I guess that would work in my favor if it were true, lol.

I think I'll take a few minutes every once in a while and practice for the balance test tho, lol.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. burke

burke Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2013
    orlando, FL
    Lol. I did the same thing. The load issues I'm not sure about. I hear things but can't really claim any truth about them. I have been with Melton for a little over 3 months. I do my job, deliver ahead of time, undamaged and legal. I've had good miles and not so good miles. Everyone is different. I feel it's only human nature to complain about not enough of anything. You never hear anyone say "I have too much money". We could only wish lol

4. Chase05

Chase05 Medium Load Member

Jun 16, 2013
    Central NY
    I actually called back a lil while after my last post. Said the girl that called me last night was just doing a wave of call backs for online applications. The woman I talked to was very friendly and helpful (not the same one from my voicemail), but after a few questions and looking over my application, she told me that I wasn't pre approved for orientation, they don't do that, lol. She then said that while I did have a chance, my poor work history probably wasn't going to be enough, which wasn't much of a surprise to me. I'll give it a shot when I'm closer to graduation, but it looks like I need to keep looking.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.