orientation attire

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by MrIT, Aug 10, 2014.

1. MrIT

MrIT Light Load Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Pittsburgh
    I will be heading to school, then directly to orientation, then directly to a truck with my assigned trainer. What is the typical attire for orientation? Being that I will be going out on a trainers truck I don't want too many unnecessary clothes but I also don't want to be under dressed. Will a button down shirt with jeans and boots work? A polo shirt and jeans, or slacks and a button down with shoes?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drake3d

drake3d Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Fountain, Colorado
    Boots are required on hill. Jeans are better since you will be exposed to grease. Shirts are up to you. I wore polo and t-shirts depending on planned activities and what was clean.

4. MrIT

MrIT Light Load Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Pittsburgh
    Excellent thank you!

5. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    What? No sweats or flip flops? What is this world coming to?

6. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    He's not a real trucker yet...so to wear the nasty stained sweat pants and old t-shirt with the hole where the steering wheel rubs on his belly might be a little premature. He's still under the impression that this is an industry full of professionals with self respect and who care about the image we put forth, so jeans, boots, and a polo or button down shirt will be perfectly acceptable.

\sarcasm

I wish more folks in this industry gave a dern.

skyviper73 Thanks this.
  7. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    And remember, if republican, wear a red tie. If democrat wear a blue tie. And if you are not sure, wear a red tie with blue polka dots.
    And no leisure suits. Polyester stains too easily.

8. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Seriously, jeans, T shirt or polo are fine. You'll need boots, but a pair of simple canvas shoes for other times will be great. One change of pants, 6 days of shirts, socks, etc. A sweatshirt or light jacket and a warm coat. (you will be in coolers monitoring the loading of the trailer and buddy, it's cold in there!) A simple hat and work gloves. That will get you by. If you error on taking too much of anything, T shirts, socks and underwear.
    Whatever you bring will share your bunk as you sleep.

9. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    Cut off jean shorts, knee high dirty socks, flip flops, shirt with sleeves cut off, fingerless gloves, chain wallet, black leather vest and an American flag bandana!

postmandav Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.