Orientation needs

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by SippingDiesel, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Yea some of us never ask questions that have been answered, then some of us just like to type, and not answer questions.

Then some of us love to read old threads that are 90 pages, ask me cuz I know it all ya know.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SippingDiesel

SippingDiesel Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Morehead city, nc
    When I'm not stressed about starting a new career and my bills are caught up ill take sometime OTR to read more of the conversation. I just want to be as prepared as possible because I have a family that needs me to succeed at this, that's all! Thanks "Powder Joints"

4. BrenYoda883

BrenYoda883 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Here is a neat trick I learned... First.. it is a messy world out here.. yeah, it can be cold.. but the real pain in the rear.. is the mud, wet snow, slush, rain, puddles and you get the picture.. There are days when every trailer I drop or hook up to seems to have a muddy mess right where I need to walk or stand.. and, if you are packing light and hoping to get a couple days of wear on those jeans it is a pain..

So, I went to the hardware store anbd bought a can of stuff that I can spray on any fabric to make it water resistant.. I sprayed my jeans and wow,, it helped.. just the other day the trailier I was picking up was parkd in a muddy gravel lot.. and that was th real test to see if the spray was worth it.. and I will tell you.. yes it was.. the mud did not stick or soak into my jeans, not my boot which I also sprayed... later, I discovered it is also good if you spill a bit of coffee on yourself..

5. SippingDiesel

Jan 17, 2014
    Morehead city, nc
    Wow, that sounds like a good idea. What happens when you run your cloths through the wash? does it come off

6. ladyk

ladyk Bobtail Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Post Falls, Idaho
    Make certain you watch the video on Schneidre's website that shows what they will be having you do during orientation. Especially the part covering getting in to and out of the TRAILER. I've seen a fair amount of students flunk this part, because they never watched it, and never practiced it before hand. Flunking will get you sent home.

7. Richter

Richter Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Philadelphia Pa
    lol, its just one thread with 77 pages...its a sticky...the most info in in the first few and then everyone else added along.

8. BuckeyeCowboy63

BuckeyeCowboy63 Medium Load Member

May 28, 2013
    Cincinnati, OH
    My trainer said i brought less than anyone he ever had...one duffle bag leather from pilot or flying j dont remember...2 weeks of clothes...roll them up...shower bag...sleeping bag....couch throw pillow cpap machine...cell phone and charger....added two bags from orientation one from company with log books paperwork etc and cpap machine oh and papers from school....hope it helps

9. Richter

Richter Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Philadelphia Pa
    I told my trainies they only need one week because if we stay out for 2 we stop at a TS to do laundry. Key is dont take more htne you need but do take a decent coat and a pair of boots

10. SippingDiesel

Jan 17, 2014
    Morehead city, nc
    Should I expect to be anywhere in the lower 48 during my OTR training week or up and down the east coast. Thanks for the help! I will be in Charlotte,nc

11. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    You probably won't see the west coast, hard to get there and back in a week.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.