Orientation Pay at Schneider?

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by J-Dub, Oct 15, 2017.

1. J-Dub

J-Dub Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2017
    Georgia, USA
    It was discussed with me about the pay, $80 a day for the 18 Days you are in Atlanta for training. No problem. But my recruiter wouldn’t give me a straight answer. My question....

Do you get paid while in orientation and training or do you get paid at the completion of orientation one lump sum of money? People have to have money to live on for 3 weeks. Furthermore if you fail before completion, do you get ANY monetary compensation?

Thanks.

luv2fly352 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    many decades ago, when i was in training, i got paid weekly. i cannot see that NOT being the case for you as well

SingingWolf and J-Dub Thank this.
  4. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    Depends, some outfits will cut you a check weekly, or will add it to your first paycheck in three months... Have some cash with you if you can. Last orientation I went through, all I had to do was buy the beer. But, that was in the oilfields. ;-)

J-Dub Thanks this.
  5. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Back when I did my first orientation beer was a signifcant expense.

J-Dub and Justrucking2 Thank this.
  6. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Week 1 runs tue to sat, 4 days pay

Week 2 runs sun to sat, 7 days pay. Paid for week one on Friday.

Week 3 runs Sunday to thurs, 5 days pay. Friday paid for week 2.

Paid for week 3 Friday of week 4.

Nautika214, Opus, Friday and 4 others Thank this.
  7. J-Dub

J-Dub Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2017
    Georgia, USA
    Beer sounds mighty fine about right now. Especially my favorite, Oktoberfest lol.

Thanks guys for the responses and answer to my question. Sounds good they pay while in orientation instead of waiting til the end. Thanks gentleroger.

8. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    Don't drink while in orientation

9. J-Dub

J-Dub Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2017
    Georgia, USA
    Oh yeah. Gonna leave it all at home. Maybe after it’s done I’ll come home for the few days off and kick back and enjoy a few.

10. luv2fly352

luv2fly352 Light Load Member

Sep 28, 2017

I spoke with an office person at Schneider a week ago and was informed by them that the 3 day orientation is not paid at all but if or when you get through their orientation, then the remaining 18 days is paid at the rate you mentioned in your post. One guy who recently went through the 3 weeks stated his group of attendees at orientation started out with 24 of them and was quickly whittled down to 13 left after the orientation which pretty much explains why they don't pay for the 3 or 4 days of orientation.

Also check out some of the Youtube videos which cover orientation and training from people actually going through it. You'll find them useful.

And lastly, please don't be foolish enough not to bring at least a few hundred dollars with you for any unforeseen or unexpected expenses during the entire process. You'll be glad you did. Good luck!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    MarkH129 and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  11. JetFuel17

JetFuel17 Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2017
    Didn't do the 3 day. Did 3 week paid. First pay was following Friday after first OFFICIAL day. Haven't missed a paycheck on Friday since. Still here. Our training class went from 30 to 21. Everybody (from DC head down) was amazed at how many we kept. We were ALL really supportive of each other and, kept each other focused.

Kitkat13, Rocknroller4 and MarkH129 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.