Orientation w Melton March 2014 (Tulsa, OK)

Discussion in 'Melton' started by bnrobot, Mar 19, 2014.

1. TexasRadio

TexasRadio Bobtail Member

Aug 18, 2014
    My aplogies if this has been covered... Just a quick question: I've stayed away from drugs my whole life, have a clean MVR, and no convictions of any sort. I understand that Milton does a hair follicle drug test. Do they take a sample from head or body? I've got plenty of head hair, but my girl likes me to keep everything neatly trimmed from the neck down. The reason I'm asking is that I've heard rumors that if you show up with no body hair, they mark it as a refusal to test and that goes on your DAC. Thanks in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wyndup

wyndup Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Pine Valley, CA
    They will take had from.head or body. Its up to you as long s you have enough hair on your head

4. TexasRadio

TexasRadio Bobtail Member

Aug 18, 2014
    Thanks for the info.

5. bnrobot

bnrobot Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2014
    So. CA
    they took mine from my face/beard

they will take it from anywhere that you have it

6. mr.travo

mr.travo Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2014
    SC
    Love the forum and write up Bnrobot! I start school on Monday and Melton is #1 on my list. Thank you for taking the time to do this!

7. bnrobot

Jan 17, 2014
    So. CA
    no prob

i kind of stopped as the experience is now me working and this was more of the process. but i post in the whats your 20 thread almost nightly

any questions just ask!

8. runwme

runwme Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Thank you for posting your experiences. It helped me decide to pull the trigger and go with them. I'm heading to the sept 8 orientation. Just hope to get a good instructor like you did.

9. bnrobot

Jan 17, 2014
    So. CA
    where are you taking orientation?

i can only speak for tulsa, it was a good experience and masury because i picked up my truck in masury and the guys there were really nice.

now melton is starting at .37 cpm when i started it was 33...so definitely dont think youll get that starting anywhere else.

10. VdotFoxx

VdotFoxx Bobtail Member

Aug 6, 2014
    NC
  11. runwme

runwme Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2014
    I'm flying into Tulsa for orientation. Are steel toed boots required or running shoes ok? I was looking between Mcelroy (.43 cpm starting but no tarp pay) , Averitt (.36 cpm pulling a box) and Melton ( .37 40 tarp plus extra for hazmat and canadian runs)

In the end chose Melton for numerous reasons (including your experience) but the rider policy at Melton versus the others sealed it for me. I have a long time girlfriend. She expressed interest in riding from time to time and with Melton that would be ok even though we aren't marrried. With most companies, it is spouse only.

VdotFoxx Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.