Orientation!!!

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by robbiecox6, May 8, 2013.

1. robbiecox6

robbiecox6 Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2007
    Greenville, NC
    how long is orientation,what day of the week does it start?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Orientation one starts on a sunday morning and lasts thru wednesday. If you're hired, you go on the payroll starting thursday. Barring any issues or problems, you'll be assigned a trainer and head out right after that. Most students are gone by saturday.

NRGNXS and robbiecox6 Thank this.
  4. losttrucker

losttrucker Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2008
    greenville,nc
    Youve posted about werner, swift, and now stevens. Why keep concentrating on these dead end jobs?? You live where I do and MANY companies looking for a driver right here!!

5. robbiecox6

robbiecox6 Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2007
    Greenville, NC
    I've not driven OTR in 2 years, everyone tell me go else where and get 3 to 6 months exp.

6. losttrucker

losttrucker Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2008
    greenville,nc

Shavender Trucking and Ezzell Trucking or Tidewater Transit

DO you have a twic card or willing to get one??

7. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    Lost Trucker... were you really driving 7 years before you were born? I have heard tell of people who came out of the womb grabbing gears, but #### man... that takes it to a whole new level!

8. NRGNXS

NRGNXS Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Glen Rose, TX
    That might be for some Em, but I was told to report Monday by 7AM. The Sunday was for folks WITHOUT a CDL. After that even though I do hold a CDL I am required to do a refresher course and it is the same as a new hire with no CDL. Then I go out with a trainer. Either way I am still looking forward to starting this new career. I am going to check in to the hotel Sunday. I don't wish to deal with rush hour traffic and the $18.00/night Hotel is doable.

9. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Orientation for drivers holding a CDL, preparing to go out with a trainer, is Sunday.
    Orientation for drivers going thru a refresher program or working to obtain a CDL begins on monday.
    The term orientation at Stevens commonly refers to the sunday orientation. Monday's is commonly referred to as Stevens School.
    Sorry for the confusion.

10. NRGNXS

NRGNXS Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Glen Rose, TX
    Meh, it is all confusing to me right now, but I roll with it and never sweat the small stuff. Thanks for any and all responses to every one trying to help another out.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.