OTR Definition

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by tbdieseltrucking, Jan 5, 2017.

1. tbdieseltrucking

tbdieseltrucking Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2017
    Stuck in a Rut
    Never worked for a mega either. Started in construction in a DM Mack with two sticks. Lots of site work and heavy weights. First truck I bought was an '89 Mack R688ST 12 speed. Learned all those good transmissions. It was very confusing when the recruiter said that they won't put my truck on. Oh well..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    More stupid rules that have no relationship to real life, written by cubicle-dwellers.

4. Ooops

Ooops Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2016
    I don'y know. You would have to take that up with whomever sets the standard for what ever company is hiring. There are always variations.

5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    That's crazy how some companies are.Only thing I can think of is you have too much exp.Of course they won't come right out and tell you that but I know some companies want new blood so they can train them to be their robots and afraid with your exp youre untrainable how they want you to be..Keep looking you'll find something.

tbdieseltrucking Thanks this.
  6. tbdieseltrucking

Jan 4, 2017
    Stuck in a Rut
    Thanks...I hope so. Truck has been parked since before Christmas, when my lease to company position fell through. Thinking about reactivating my authority and going. Lots of flat work here in the Northeast for the upcoming season. Cheap freight, but it turns the wheels. Last thing I need to do is sell my tractor.

7. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    IYou have more then enough exp.Drivers these days can't think for themselves. because companies mainly the mega carriers don't want the drivers to have a spine so be smart and stay away from the megas.Find a company that lets you think for yourself and make your own decisions.

DoubleO7 and tbdieseltrucking Thank this.
  8. tbdieseltrucking

Jan 4, 2017
    Stuck in a Rut
    Absolutely correct!! Never have or will drive for a mega. May pull a load off their board to get home...that's it. Rent a flat, as I only have a dump trailer, and go. I have previous customers up here and flat work contacts...it's getting over the $$$ hurdle now. Truck parked...bills don't stop. No flatbed experience since 2005, so most would have to take no tarp loads til I purchase/figure out how to tarp.

pattyj Thanks this.
  9. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    So you're looking for a flatbed company to lease onto?

10. tbdieseltrucking

Jan 4, 2017
    Stuck in a Rut
    I would entertain the idea. Haven't pulled a flat since '05....it was all material on pallet and landscape supply. Recent past experience has been end dump and petroleum. Running Northeast heavy weight=105,000(five axle). I don't have a flat, or any securement besides a winch bar and PPE. Based in the Northeast(MA). Clean record, no accidents, no traffic convictions, no DWI, clean...clean. Current HazMat, tank, and TWIC. Will run "OTR", or regional....I have a family, and they are the most important.

pattyj Thanks this.
  11. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I hauled locally side and end dump,i should have got paid more just for having to put up with the boss.I hauled petroleum.Didn't last long though for a number of reasons.I got sick from the smell,afraid of heights,and the hose was too heavy to even drag.You seem more of a heavy haul.Why don't you try ATS.

tbdieseltrucking Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.