OTR & Hourly Pay ??

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by BlueThunderr, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    I'd want at least 25 an hour for drive time and 15 an hour for on duty / not driving. The thing that bites about that is if ya wanted paid properly there would be no more scrimping on logging on duty / not driving time to save time on your 70hrs. I may be low ballin the money figure a little.

LtlAnonymous and Midwest Trucker Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BlueThunderr

BlueThunderr Medium Load Member

Sep 11, 2012
    That sounds like a good deal.

4. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Thanks, I considered posting some driver wanted ads for Regional home weekends hourly but when I started really thinking about it, there were slot of problems. Mostly, the way everybody logs things differently. Then I thought, well I could just pay the full 70 but I basically already do that with a weekly guarantee so that doesn’t help.

Moral of the story, is extremely difficult to find good drivers no matter how you slice it.

5. Professor No-Name

Nov 26, 2016
    Well i think we all would just like to be compensated fairly. I could cite many examples i guess. What comes to mind i guess would be we all have the mentality of chasing the miles. But that's basically outdated with the advent of the electronic log. It controls how much you can make. We come out here to do a job which means being away from home. So all our miles and every stop should be paid. A fair detention rate should be paid after 2 hrs and breakdown should be paid. Some would even go so far as to suggest that our 10hr breaks and resets on the road should be paid. After all we are out here at the request of an employer to perform a job.

6. Professor No-Name

Nov 26, 2016
    This may be the wrong place to ask since there is a jobs forum on here but how big is your operation an do ya have any team freight?

7. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    That doesn't bite at all. You'd make money for your entire day, whether traffic let you get to your destination or not. Just try to get 11 hours behind the wheel and make the most of your clock.

If 70 hours isn't enough, nothing ever will be. Lol

8. Professor No-Name

Nov 26, 2016
    Well what i mean is some would only want to pay for what ya log. For example i only log 15 minutes at a shipper or receiver no matter how long I'm there. That way i don't burn up my 70 hr clock.

BlueThunderr and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  9. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Oh, I have always logged heavy. Within reason, I don't care how much I make. If you can't pay me enough during the first 70 hours, what are the odds you'll pay me well in the extra 10 or 15 hours?

10. Professor No-Name

Nov 26, 2016
    Yea you make a valid point.

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  11. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    That is a sweet deal. A 14 hr day where you couldn't drive due to weather or breakdown etc would still pay $175.

I have family that lives in Salisbury, got me thinking of using their address to apply there. :biggrin_25525:

Lonesome Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.