OTR miles

Discussion in 'TWT' started by jomar68, Dec 13, 2013.

1. jomar68

jomar68 Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Ferndale,Wa
    Going to orientation in Spokane on Jan 6th, just wondering on miles on OTR division. I know it's slower in the winter months but any info on average miles per week ( lowest/ highest) I didn't even bother asking my recruiter I prefer a drivers input. Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jomar68

Feb 24, 2012
    Ferndale,Wa
    Forgot to include that I'll be pulling a flatbed.

4. Milktanker

Milktanker Medium Load Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Frenchtown, mt
    So your going on the system side? I have been here for 3 months now and I'm averaging around 2800 a week. I'm on the pole fleet though, not sure what regular otr is doing. Been pretty impressed with their efficiency and how they keep me running.
    Your coming from Watkins right? I just left there myself. It has been an excellent change for me.

5. Milktanker

Jun 25, 2012
    Frenchtown, mt
    Never mind on Watkins, for some reason I thought I recognized your name from one of the Watkins threads

6. jomar68

Feb 24, 2012
    Ferndale,Wa
    I don't drive for Watkins , I did comment on some flatbed pictures you posted. Maybe that's where you recognize my name. I decided to do OTR flatbed because that's what I've done in the past. They did mention the pole fleet but I don't know that I'd want to drive a cabover. Or do they have conventional rigs ? 2800 miles is good. I need to average 2250 to be ok with it. I know there is going to be weeks that suck I just need to keep busy. Thanks for you're response MT

7. Milktanker

Jun 25, 2012
    Frenchtown, mt
    They actually sold the rest of the cabovers, I'm in a brand new kw t800. If you can do the pole fleet that's where to be. The dispatcher for us is by far the best one ive worked with

8. jomar68

Feb 24, 2012
    Ferndale,Wa
    I'll ask for more info on Monday. I just assumed that it was all cab overs and didn't ask for any info Thanks. The one negative about going with system is not bringing the truck home.

9. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    When I was on the OTR fleet I was getting 2800-3000 regularly. I never take a 34 unless I am on hometime. I have been here since November 2012 and haven't stopped moving. possibly considering going to the twt side yet but not sure that I wanna make that leap

jomar68 Thanks this.
  10. ducebigg

ducebigg Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Any ideas how many miles you get on the TWT side?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.