OTR solo miles?

Discussion in 'Watkins & Shepard' started by WingRider, Feb 4, 2013.

1. sal

sal Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2007
    sacramento Ca
    Thought You were driving a "Bread" truck in Portland ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WingRider

WingRider Medium Load Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Salem, OR
    Its been a rough start back into the OTR side. We sat two days in Vancouver waiting for a load, which was expected since dispatch didnt see me on the inbound board since we just came off the Shortline board. Then we got a load to Rancho Cucamonga, we got down to SFS a day early and couldnt drop the load, so did a few local deliveries for Michelle, then delivered our load on Thursday. Michelle gave us a good load to Myrtle with 3 drops in Dallas/Forth Worth area, this where things went bad. Instead of the load being ready at the "normal" 2am, we finally got notified it was ready at 8am Saturday morning, still not a big deal, plenty of time to make the first drop in Fort Worth, stopped and go some fuel in Ontario and finally headed out of town. We made to Indio with a nice tail wind and getting good fuel mileage, as we started up the hill just past Indio/Coachella, we were passing most of the trucks up the hill and feelin pretty good about the day.....then....all the gauges started going crazy and we lost electrical power to the engine and coasted to the shoulder of the road with only six inches from the fog line. After messing with it for about an hour trying to get it going, I decided to call for service, grabbed the phone only to find out NO SERVICE!!, no problem, I will just use the Quallcom, uh-oh NO SIGNAL!! As a last resort I start calling the trucks going by on the CB, finally someone actually had their radio on, the made a call to the Missoula shop and told them my location and situation, the shop called the TA in Coachella and got a service truck headed our way. After waiting 3 hours for the truck to show up, he couldnt find the problem and had to call a tow truck, which took another hour to get to us. Then had to be towed back to Indio for the night, and then ALL THE WAY back to Fontana to Freightliner on Sunday, who can only except trucks on Sunday but not work on them, so now we are sitting in a Motel in Ontario waiting to see if my truck is going to be ready anytime soon. Wish us luck.

sal Thanks this.
  4. Passin Thru

Passin Thru Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2007
    VA
    Last I heard flats were doing 130000 a year. Killer.

5. FRG1735

FRG1735 Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Hey Wingrider, how many miles you average doing shortline?

6. WingRider

WingRider Medium Load Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Salem, OR
    I was running about 4500 miles/month and about 150 drops per month

sal Thanks this.
  7. the flying scotsman

the flying scotsman Medium Load Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Hey Dale, I was delivering to sparks the other day and seen delfino on a route in his white daycab...new guy hurt his back! :(

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.