Out of options

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by FlorabamaTrigger, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Joker85

Joker85 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    Did u try another terminal tobe dispatched out of that has trucks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FlorabamaTrigger

FlorabamaTrigger Light Load Member

Tried that. She said because of where I live I'd have to bee based out of Brooks.

4. Joker85

Joker85 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    I got a friend in p cola based of denver id call the different terminals

5. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    what paloma said ^.^
    Interstate wouldnt even let me come to orientation until i had the full year at may, at first they said minus the training time and just solo time, but may didn't separate 'trainer' time so i was good to go once i hit my exact year. 5 of us in orientation only 2 of us got the older automatics, BUT, i dont mind, cause we were the only 2 with APU's. they said i wouldnt be in this thing too long but I'm getting attached to it, or I should say the apu lol. I had only driven a pete with may, and maybe its cause i didnt have the cabinet behind the driver side cause my fridge, but this thing seems to have more space inside, and yeah It might be a 2007 vice the 2012 i had at may with only 30k miles on it, i kinda like this one over the pete. not having the def also is a big plus... kinda weird getting fuel and skipping the reefer and def options lol

good luck with your hunt, theres plenty of companies out west, from what i've noticed anyway, hopefully you'll be able to jump into something soon. Oh i've also talked to kelleys, cause i thought they had cool lookin mascot on their trailer lol but they are more west than east so I passed, tho she still calls me weekly

6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Well at least May called.That's more then I can say for most.Im confused about something.Many will hire you but youd have to take your trk home with you.Don't you wanna take your trk home with you,or won't these companies let you take trk home?An hr and a half isn't that far,why don't you just take the bus.A couple of your friends worked for Schneider so you're going to pass,may I ask why.If you wanna work then quit being so picky,i'm saying that respectfully so don't bite my head off,lol.

mje Thanks this.
  7. x#1

x#1 Road Train Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Cherokee County, Alabama
    i live in cherokee county,alabama,cedar bluff actually,bobtail home yet rent a spot to drop my trailer for $40/month.it is a gravel lot and on weiss lake behind a marina.the ex-mayor of the town prohibited the parking of trucks/trls at an abandoned/closed cafe so i started riding around and entered businesses that could handle a trl.didn't take long and i park very close to the marine police boat so i worry not regarding theft.

the moral of my post is that you need to get out and knock on doors so to speak and procure a spot to park and offer what you think is fair.it'll happen for you just don't despair.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  8. FlorabamaTrigger

FlorabamaTrigger Light Load Member

Don't get me wrong. I'd LOVE to be able to take my truck home. Problem is where I live isn't truck friendly at ALL. It'd be a major operation just to get the truck alone in my driveway, and parking on the street wouldn't be an option. I agree that an hour and a half isn't that far. Which is what I'm shooting for. I don't mind the hour and a half drive.

And yes, I've had 3 friends from school went to Schneider. All 3 were treated very poorly, and all three have since left. When I was with May and I felt things were bad, all I had to do was call them and ask how things were at Schneider to cheer me up. Not to mention whenever I'd meet a Schneider driver while I was out, they were always asking ME about switching from there TO May because they hated it. That's the reason I don't want to go there. If I am going to commit to another company, although I REALLY need to get back to work, I also DON'T want to put myself in a situation to where I'm hating life after a month or two.

9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    They need to update their website; it says they hire students and even list a school they recruit from.

10. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    not sure which website you are looking at, dont think its the right one...

Driver Qualifications

• Minimum age: 22 years of age
    • Have a valid Class (A) C.D.L.
    • 12 months of verifiable tractor-trailer experience
    • Have a stable verifiable work history
    • Have an acceptable driving record as reflected by an MVR
    • No more than 3 moving violations within the last 3 years
    • No preventable DOT recordable accidents in the last 5 years
    • No reckless, careless, driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs in the last 3 years
    • Meet DOT requirements
    • Be able to perform functions in job description with or without reasonable accommodation

11. Jimmy Hoffa

Jimmy Hoffa Medium Load Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Gold Country, California
    I was outta Brooks when I worked at May, I live in the Sac Town area, so I parked at the Yolo yard for home time. My Pard, also from the Sac Town area was based outta Layton, (he's flatbedding for Material transport now). He obviously also parked at the Yolo yard for home time. Had another friend who was outta Pensacola, who also lives in Sac Town.
    Maybe things have changed, (been gone 6 months). But, if they were serious about bringing you back, I think them saying you have to be based outta Brooks doesn't make sense.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.