out service violation

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by atlasvanlinesdog, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Dinomite

Dinomite Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    There's a song I love. It goes a little something like this. "I fought the law and the Law Won. I fought the Law and the Law Won" Com on beek

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. volvodriver01

volvodriver01 Road Train Member

You my friend are right on the money.. :biggrin_25514:

4. ladywrongway03

ladywrongway03 Heavy Load Member

Aug 28, 2008
    trotwood oh
    Not under a load,didnt have a trailer,Using vehicle for personal use hmmm I think I would challenge that.

5. Colorato

Colorato Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2011
    I don't think he actually was put OOS. If he was the paperwork would show it or the officer would have followed him back to the TS.

6. Colorato

Colorato Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Point of the matter is this. Everytime you make a change of duty your suppose to log it. He didn't get in trouble for BT in the truck with no log book he got in trouble for no previous 7 days worth of logs. Did he have to show the log book to the officer since he was BT and off duty probably depends more on the officer than anything else.

If he had done his logs correctly when they are suppose to be done then off duty, on duty, or bob tailing wouldn't matter. He would have not gotten any points.

This type of "I can do it when I feel like" is why FMCSA and other government agencies have the fuel for the EOBR fire that they use.

Dinomite and scottied67 Thank this.
  7. Arkansas Frost

Arkansas Frost Heavy Load Member

Aug 2, 2012
    North Little Rock, AR
    Nun-chukas! Just my personal preference...

Dinomite Thanks this.
  8. volvodriver01

The op stated he was parked off duty for 6 days. So if the op filled out his log sheet right on the 22nd of october and then parked for 6 days then he wouldn't need to update his logbook until he became on duty. At the moment he became on duty then he could do a multipule off duty log covering his 6 days off duty. The driver wasnt in the wrong other than not standing his ground against a quota feeding prick in the butt.

9. Taildragon

Taildragon Heavy Load Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Indiana
    http://www.truckersjustice.com/

I would place a call to these folks and get my answer from them, rather than from other drivers, these people are in the business of legal issues such as this.

10. volvodriver01

It would help if drivers knew some of the laws of the trucking industry and when an officer tried to bully "you" and give you a ticket or warning you let him know the law and stand your ground. Let him know you aren't going to be bullied into a ticket.

11. rodknocker

rodknocker Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Southeast
    That's right, off duty dont mean fiddle farting with the comic book. That would mean comic book catching up would go under on duty not driving.

volvodriver01 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.