over speed policy ( central drivers )

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by tangerineGT, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Shoestring

Shoestring Light Load Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Lehigh Fl
    Back to the original post. Not a central or swift driver but the overspeed was explained to me at my company. Once you exceed the governed speed, your no longer have fuel being added to the cylinders. No fuel and excess rpm can and does cause damage to the piston heads. If you turn the truck into the manufacturer for warranty work and they can prove "excessive overspeed" they can and will normally void the warranty. The ecm's on all the new trucks track everything so proving it is not hard to do. most of the mega carriers pay extra for extended warranties and don't want to have them voided.

My t700 has tag on the door jamb, pretty sure its manufacturers tag, states overspeeding will void warranty.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    Lady K and BrettN70 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Objects in orbit are always getting closer and gaining speed.
    But the distance and speed cancel out one another, creating equilibrium between the two.
    Because of the inertia of the bodies in question.

Inertia is not an external force. It does not exert a force on something else.
    It is internal. It is a force that maintains a specific state within its own mass.

4. tangerineGT

tangerineGT Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Red Lion , PA
    Lol , see told ya .

There will always be people trying to argue the fact ,
    there will never be a end to your argument , I had a teacher in school that used to tell the whole class , if we call inertia a "force " we will be out of class , so my smart ### tried to write a paper once arguing your same theorys .
    make a long story short , when he got to my homework , I knew , and immediately he said "get out of my class you have learned nothing " kinda funny at the time .
    then he spent about 2 hrs pointing out the obvious r easone why it can not be , he even went into formulas witch honestly , just look like a bunch of scribble . Lol. But when he explained what the formulas stand for , well it kinda made a bit more sense ....

5. Doulos

Doulos Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2012
    The state of Confusion
    That's actually kind of funny. So, since the earth is in orbit, by how much will it's speed increase this year and how much closer will it be to the sun? And, since you said the speed "always" increases then how long before the earth theoretically reaches the speed of light?

Actually, an orbit only increases speed and closes distance when it decays. A true orbit balances the energy of inertia with gravitational pull so that the acceleration of gravity is only expressedin the direction of its vector rather than in an increase of speed.

The reason that a moving object in space maintains its velocity is because inertia is an expression of energy (not force). And since energy is conserved an object will maintain that motion until acted upon by a force which will then change its vector. Why, because a force is defined as a phenomenon that causes a change in matter which usually most easily can be described as a change in its vector.

6. tangerineGT

tangerineGT Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Red Lion , PA
    /\

I swear this guy is a physics professor. :yes2557:

7. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    But the distance and speed cancel out one another, creating equilibrium between the two.

I guess you missed that part.

And, it's been fun.

8. Doulos

Oct 26, 2012
    The state of Confusion
    I didn't miss it. It just doesn't make any sense.

9. Doulos

Oct 26, 2012
    The state of Confusion
    Actually this is all pretty basic 1st year physics stuff. If you really want some good times, you should hear me teach the bible.

10. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Really?

As two objects orbit they are continually drawn into one another by gravity, which reduces the distance between them.
    It also causes the velocity of each to increase, which increases each mass' inertia.
    The equilibrium that cancels them out is known as centripetal force.
    It's the sweet spot between gravity and inertia, where those forces either cancel each other out or work together (depending on how you want to view it) to allow two masses to orbit each other.

And, please!
    Do not even bring up centrifugal force.
    It is as fictitious as you make inertial force to be. Probably more so, since it relies on inertial force.

And inertial force is only fictitious as long as the object is not being moved upon.
    At that point it is only potential energy.
    But collide the object with something, or move something within gravitational range, and that potential energy becomes kinetic force.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  11. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    And I imagine we could go for hours, or days or years, discussing the Bible.
    My avatar alone should give you a hint.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.