over speed policy ( central drivers )

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by tangerineGT, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Buckeye91

Buckeye91 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    When you go into over speed does the red triangle start flashing? I had my cruise on and was watching a car try to merge on my right along with watching cars on my left to see if I could get over. Then I look down and I was going somewhere between 67-69. I read somewhere in here that it won't say anything if you have the cruise on. But my immediate reaction was to hit the brake to slow down. But of course that turns the cruise off. Not sure if I got lucky and it didn't get reported. Or I was right on the border of overspeed.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Buckeye91

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    Also I checked under performance monitoring and it said overspeed 16s. But it said count 0. Not sure what count means though.

4. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    The count might not increase until the next occurrence, which would also set the Longest field.
    I'm not sure, either.

But the counters reset with every empty call.

5. tangerineGT

tangerineGT Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Red Lion , PA
    I kinda wonder if they really are watching this like they said or if it just to scare you .
    here is why ; a few days ago , I was in some traffic just like you said and . Paying attention to what I should be ( the people around me ) I looked down and it cracked almost 70 and it happens that fast .

And yea I still had control of the truck , didnt end up in a ditch either . Lol:biggrin_25525:

6. Buckeye91

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    I still talk to my trainer. And he said that you must be in over speed for 30s. Not sure if this is true. Because safety at central said it's as soon as it happens. But they're learning too. So they might not be correct.

7. Klingon

Klingon Heavy Load Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    The video I watch said one thing, my DM gave my "talking"to and said another.
    Here is the punch line, check your QC. Go to, performance then violations, in the lower right hit "thresholds". There is a different set.

tangerineGT Thanks this.
  8. Klingon

Klingon Heavy Load Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    My DM said one minute..... But my over speed was 1 time, between 71 and 75 and the duration was for 7 seconds on a 1400 mile run.

Buckeye91 and Lady K Thank this.
  9. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Here is a conspiracy theory for you guys... This 'over speed' thing will be the excuse they use to weed out the Central drivers that are on the 'old' pay plans... Have no idea if we make more or less than an O/O at Swift, since they haven't let us see a contract, of told us any prices when asked. Reason why I think this is possible is the number of times (when we were still Central) we have gone 70 (in a 75 mph zone) and still been passed by a Swift truck!! If they are so hot and heavy against 'over speed', wouldn't you think Swift drivers would be more careful KNOWING their company?

Hows THAT for stirring the pot :D

tangerineGT Thanks this.
  10. tangerineGT

tangerineGT Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Red Lion , PA

I should be getting a penny increase here soon , thats what their pay scale says. :yes2557:

It also says if you drive trips under 300 miles you get paid more , :biggrin_25512:
    I am gonna have to pull some stubs now . Lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.