Overlenght trailer ticket

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Rojazmorillo, Mar 1, 2023.

1. Rojazmorillo

Rojazmorillo Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2018
    thank you for taking the time.
    I did see the first sign coming off 86 where it says “9 Ton truck restriction 17 miles ahead” i only drove for 8 miles and turned back but i did not see the second sign from the second picture.

Can you please send me a picture from google maps where you found the second sign on the route 414? I want to show my manager.
    Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rojazmorillo

Aug 20, 2018
    nevermind i found it. I was actually stopped a mile before the second sign and then turned back south.( pic below, white dot where i got stopped and red dot is where second sign is ) But you are right maybe i should just pay it and move on. But still. Not fair in my opinion.

Attached Files:

4. buckmanmike

buckmanmike Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2010
    in the country, georgia
    Consider yourself lucky. Most 48' restrictions are also 96" width. I got one of those in Maryland. Officer gave my overlength ticket. Overwidth was much higher fine.

Rojazmorillo Thanks this.
  5. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    53' there is always an implied restriction. They must be allowed on STAA highways, and a limited amount off STAA, I believe 1 mile. Not all STAA highways are marked so, but interstates and US highways are. Many state highways are too, but if 414 isn't, then you were over length 1 mile off the interstate, no sign needed.

6. JMon

JMon Light Load Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Treasure Coast FL
    #### that sucks driver. The weight restriction is for the big hill going down into Watkins Glen, so you
    don't wipe out the Pizza Hut at the bottom.:eek:
    Pretty much every hauler that goes to WGI goes up 414 as there's really no other way to get there?

Looked it up on NY website, looks like he was right. Maybe you got that ticket because you didn't get to
    where it was weight restricted yet? Pretty Shi**ty if you ask me.
    Here's the truck route for 414, there is a gap from Corning to Watkins Glen
    NY 414 NY 104 to East Bayard Street (Seneca Falls) in the Towns of Huron, Rose, Galen, Rose, Junius, Tyre and Seneca Falls, and the Villages of Clyde and Seneca Falls. (WAYNE and SENECA)

(East Fourth Street) – NY 79 to NY 14 in the Towns of Hector and Dix , and the Village of Watkins Glen. (SCHUYLER)

(Centerway Boulevard) - NY 17 (Corning Bypass) to NY 352 (Denison Parkway) in the City of Corning. (STEUBEN)

Rojazmorillo Thanks this.
  7. Knightcrawler

Knightcrawler Heavy Load Member

Apr 10, 2017
    Mpls, Mn oops Ocala, Fl.
    Yet another reason not to leave the mid-west :)

8. Rojazmorillo

Aug 20, 2018
    How much was the overlenght ticket?

9. buckmanmike

buckmanmike Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2010
    in the country, georgia
    I cant remember fine amount. It was probably 10 years ago.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.