oversize partial ?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by dannythetrucker, May 31, 2013.

1. saddleup

saddleup Light Load Member

Sep 30, 2011
    magnolia, ky
    We have loaded as little as 1500 lbs before and ran with it, but we got full truck rate for that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    it really wasn't a mistake though was it, you posted what it paid before , what did you end up agreeing to is what ozr is asking.

what really happened here was you accepted a exclusive use load, tried to violate the agreement and ya got caught, and again your agreement wasn't with the shipper it was with ats.

you can spin it whichever way you want, you violated the agreement

4. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    I understand 100%, but what I don't understand is why some shippers/brokers feel the need to try and control the truck hauling their freight.

5. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Sometimes, I think in the haste we myself included may not read the fine print or just blow it off.
    Like the brokers where they get a load from another broker and the paperwork says no double brokering..
    The stuff I haul is so heavy mst of the times I can not put a partial with it.
    But I have seen the sheets stating the whole trl. was theirs basicly, with out prior approval.
    Have I done it before yes. Did I get caught no. Won't say I'll never get caught. That would jinix me

6. dannythetrucker

dannythetrucker Road Train Member

May 26, 2011
    everywhere, man
    Yes, I violated the agreement. I'm not sure how many times I am going to have to agree with you before you take yes for an answer. I also agree my agreement was with ATS, not the shipper... I'm really not sure what I have said to contradict that.

It was an interesting situation, raised a lot of questions, and a good learning experience for me.

MJ1657 and Cetane+ Thank this.
  7. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    well then it worked out well.

8. "Hang - Man"

"Hang - Man" Heavy Load Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Western PA
    I know this has been taken care of, But One thing i learned from being a "Lazy Boy Lawyer" from my education in watching "Peoples Court TV" LOL -- they the judges always say "It takes another written contract to over ride or Supersede another written contract" -verbally changing the written contract doesn't fly- but glad you got something from it.

9. crackinwise

crackinwise Medium Load Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Central Florida
    I dont have a ton of experience with these exclusive use agreements I think they exist so that shippers dont have to worry about other freight being loaded and unoaded and possibly damaging their freight. Its understandable why shippers want to do it this way but it should also be understood that in order to secure 53ft of space with a 10ft load you'll be paying a premium for that luxury.

10. mc8541ss

mc8541ss Road Train Member

Sep 22, 2007
    Lower Alabama

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.