Overweight tickets

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Woodchuck88, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Woodchuck88

Woodchuck88 Medium Load Member

Jan 4, 2017
    New York
    My company says they will pay overweight fines for drivers and you will not receive CSA points for this. Is there any truth to this or are there other things that will be placed on your record?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    "Don't worry, we'll take care of it" ... words you'll remember when you're being hauled in on a warrant a year later for Failure To Appear.

4. AtticusRoad

AtticusRoad Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Indiana
    *sniff sniff*
    What's that smell?
    Ask Tug_ What’s up with My Smelly, Stinky, Moisture Wicking Shirts ___.jpg

5. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Let me guess. They're getting paid by the ton or piece, but paying you a fixed rate.

Shipper wants me to knowingly leave over-gross, there will have to be some considerable green layed up on the counter along with the bills. I've made some good "bonus money" in years past hauling hay but I'm working in a different world, today.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  6. Heathar

Heathar Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2016
    Sharpsburg, GA
    As I was an idiot and took a chance, I was told by scale house the only way I was affected was for the fine. That I had to bond or they wouldn't release me or truck.. $750.

Badmon Thanks this.
  7. Observer1

Observer1 Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2016
    That might be the case if you get off with just the overweight. The overweight itself might trigger a full inspection and then anything and everything is game.

8. 1nicevette

1nicevette Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2016
    Stay far away from Wyoming. You will get more than just one ticket there and I bet after dealing with them you as a driver will never be over weight agian

Heathar Thanks this.
  9. Wooly Rhino

Wooly Rhino Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    Pulling an overweight load is a safety violation. If you are doing something that puts the safety of the public at risk do you really think that is a good idea? Do you really think your company is going to be a stand up guy for you? Do you want to make some serious money? I just bought the GW Bridge in New York and can sell it to you for a deep discount.

TequilaSunrise and Broke Down 69 Thank this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Make sure your name is no where near that ticket written to the company. I once incurred a 3K ticket and a destroyed scale in VA on a truly bad day. VA was kind enough to write against the company and leave me out of it. The company paid it and kept going. Cost of doing business. When you have multi millions of dollars flowing both ways each month, a overweight ticket is nothing to you as a company.

noluck Thanks this.
  11. noluck

noluck Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2011
    greenville,sc
    If it's such a safety violation, how come I can purchase a permit for a 120k? It's got to do with tearing up the roads, not safety.

Mudguppy, bottomdumpin and TripleSix Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.