Owner/operator working for Sysco questions

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by rtaylor15, Mar 2, 2018.

1. rtaylor15

rtaylor15 Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2016
    I see that Sysco is hiring in my area and was just wondering what people think about them? I have read, what I could find on here about them but it was all from a couple years ago and it was as a driver for Sysco. The position I may be interested in is for owner/operator and wondering if anyone on here has any experience with them as a owner/operator?

thanks in advance

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    I thought my company was anal about micro managing, until I talked to a couple Sysco drivers. They were company drivers, not sure if they treat OO’s better.

4. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    I work with several Ex-Sysco and GFS drivers, they all say the same thing. Micro Managed into the ground, unrealistic delivery schedules/loads, lots of free work, 16-18 hours days, if you get hurt, they will drop you so fast your head will spin. As for O/O's, I see lots of them in Vancouver at night, doing 100km/hr in 50km/hr zones, cause they have no time, and won't get paid if anything is late. We have one guy at my company, who said he would work for Bison before he would ever go back to Sysco.

5. rtaylor15

rtaylor15 Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2016
    thanks for your replies, this is the information I was looking for.....not what I wanted to hear but better now then a couple months down the road finding out first hand. Thanks again guess I will keep looking

6. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    I saw an owner operator ad from them once for northern Saskatchewan.
    I thought it said you had to have the ability to put another truck (perhaps a rental) on the road in the event that your primary truck went down.
    Basically you had to guarantee service. If you or your truck went down, it was still your responsibility to cover the run.

BigHossVolvo Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.