Owner operators delivering for amazon prime?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Manny118168, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Seby

Seby Bobtail Member

Dec 8, 2015
    send me the link also plz

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dosu

Dosu Bobtail Member

Oct 1, 2018
    Can you please Send me a contact info
    Thank You

4. Peter_868

Peter_868 Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2018
    Yes, please send me link

5. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    Anyone else have any doubts about how 2019 will be?

Sadly these folks are clueless. The one guy said he has been an O/O for 7 yrs and is tired of low rates from CHR and TQL. 7 yrs and he has not figured out how to do anything else? Come on.

People need to stop acting like sheep and learn to think for themselves. Treat this as a business and find new work. Part of business has always been selling your service or product. Use this approach with trucking and you will succeed where others fail. The over saturation of new O/O's who have no business sense at all do nothing but breed more stupidity.

Posts like the last 2 pages have me concerned as to the future of this industry.

Hurst

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    Brandonpdx, Badmon, BoostedTeg and 3 others Thank this.
  6. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I think 2019 will be mostly a decent year but I do not see the coming crash being pushed out beyond the next general election. I think what happens in November will be telling. If it remains as it is now, I keep my statement. If blue team wins, shorten time to crash.

Tug Toy Thanks this.
  7. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    If they can't make it while rates are high and freight is plentiful, one downturn or fuel goes back to $4/gal they're done.

8. Peter_868

Peter_868 Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2018

You can saw whatever you want bud. No one on this post is a multimillion trucking company ceo. We are all in the same boat.

It's not like you are from a 100+ truck company that you own

9. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    I hate to come across like a jerk but if in 7 years you havent figured out how to avoid TQL and CHR then in my opinion your not even trying.

You cant be lazy in this business or procrastinate. I never let any opportunity no matter how small pass me by. I moved some auction equipment for a guy out of Fla. Rates was nothing to write home about. But through conversation we struck a deal and now almost 2 yrs later he turned into a great customer with above average rates.

Let the rookies fight over the scraps on the loadboards. Be creative, make phone calls, talk to people, hand out business cards. The work is there.

Hurst

Badmon, Tug Toy and ChicagoJohn Thank this.
  10. Peter_868

Peter_868 Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2018
    Odviously no one is going to be in diesel trucks if prices go to $4 a gallon. Everyone will transition to electric trucks. Who is the one needing to catch up on there news?

11. Peter_868

Peter_868 Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2018
    I don't understand why you are even on this thread on a weekday is the middle of the day. Either you are slacking, texting and driving or are you set that you don't have to work.

I am done on this thread.

You win big mouth

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.