Ozark CDL

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by GunRunner77, May 26, 2023.

1. GunRunner77

GunRunner77 Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2017
    I attended Ozark CDL at the beginning of May to get my Class A. I have to say that this school is absolutely amazing. Their course is a 2-day course where they teach everything you need to know as far as theory, pre-trip, backing, and on-road. They consider themselves an advanced school so the two requirements are that you know how to drive a manual and you can back a trailer. They use a day cab with a 6-speed synchronized transmission (so no double clutching) and they use small 30' lowboy trailers. The staff is amazing, they throw a ton of information at you in a short amount of time but they made learning everything simple. They are also third party testers so you will either test in house or go to the Missouri Highway Patrol, just depends on how it is scheduled. The 2 day course is $1600 and I would recommend it to anyone that is looking to get their CDL. They are also Veteran owned so that's a big bonus for me. Ozark CDL, LLC -Cdl Assistance in Rolla , MO , 65401

H827OUT Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Where did you go to work after graduation?

4. GunRunner77

Sep 18, 2017
    I work for a small construction company running a dump truck and hauling our excavating equipment around. I am looking at buying my own truck and running dedicated loads for a big box store from their DC to the store and they are power only loads. It's all pretty much in-state runs and home every night. I was extremely nervous about insurance costs but I was just quoted $9,700 for the year. I don't know if that's a lot but I was expecting $1,500 since I'm a new driver.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    Used to be, "new drivers" were quoted HIGHER Vehicle Insurance RATES (because of new skin in the game or BAD Driving Record/s) until a certain age or other specific was attained.
    Trucks ALWAYS require Higher rates, ESPECIALLY for New Contractors/Owner Drivers.

How many Insurance Carriers did you Contact??
    1, 5, 10, more??
    Multiple Quotes Required to get a "ballpark" average.

Just stuff I've learned without really paying attention.
    CHEERS!!

6. GunRunner77

Sep 18, 2017
    That was the first quote that I have done and it was through Progressive. I will definitely get multiples to get a good average and/or the best coverage. This rate was for the maxed out coverage on most items, $2 million on both bodily injury/property damage as well as $2 million for uninsured/underinsured. $1,000 deductible for both collision and comprehensive, $300 per day rental re-reimbursement, roadside assistance with a $250 deductible, one non-owned trailer with $80,000 in non owned trailer damage coverage with a $2,000 deductible. All of this is for a 2019 Freightliner Cascadia day cab. I'm open to any and all suggestions or help, I'm 46 with a clean driving record.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.