Ozinga

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by HalpinUout, Feb 22, 2015.

1. jjano

jjano Bobtail Member

Dec 8, 2012
    chicago
    Thanks for the post, KW Cajun. Do you know how much the driver you know who works or worked (is he still there?) for Prairie worked in the summer time or when the season slows to layoffs? I heard they're busy and will work us until at least September.

Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KW Cajun

KW Cajun Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Copperhead Road
    He started with them in August last year (as stated in my prior post). They are considered "busy" now, and summertime should be better, but up to this point he was only seeing about 2 working days per week, so far in past 3 months (since Feb 1st). A lot has to do with seniority number, as newer guys are last on the list.
    Hard to predict. Maybe in upcoming weeks it may be better (4 days minimum?).

Did you get on with Prairie? I presume so, by your words. I heard they hired about ~8 (?) new guys this past month or so.

4. jjano

jjano Bobtail Member

Dec 8, 2012
    chicago
    I did get on with them. Start orientation next week.

5. KW Cajun

Apr 12, 2013
    Copperhead Road
    Halpin,, Just wondering if you ever got a call back from Ozinga.
    I submitted an app to them well over a month ago, and never heard back, even having experience as a mixer driver.
    I put bulk tanker as #1 choice and mixer as #2 choice. Wonder if they fulfilled their driver need, already.

6. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Nope, I got a letter in the mail from them letting me know they received my application and that the hiring process is a slow process, and it also stated to please don't call them that they will contact me if I fit what they are looking for... What locations did you apply for?

KW Cajun Thanks this.
  7. KW Cajun

Apr 12, 2013
    Copperhead Road
    I did the online app, but never even got a letter. Just a confirmation email shortly after submitting the app.
    On the app, I selected Northern IL as first pick, and South region as my second pick, tho it really didn't matter to me.

8. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Oh ok, I didn't know you lived in IL... I put NW Indiana as my first choice and south Chicago as my second... I just talked to a guy the other day that said they start at $27.00 and hour and top out at $37.00... I could live with that... Maybe someday they will call... The letter I received in the mail also said that your application will stay on file for 1 year

9. rclosure

rclosure Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Do they require 1 year OTR experience?

10. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    I'm going to assume no, it's all local work

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.