Paccar mx 2010 epa not using def

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Trooper13, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Trooper13

Trooper13 Light Load Member

Apr 16, 2018
    Casper, WY
    So far everything I'm finding says it's about that 1800 for the Davie program. Still have to buy cable to connect computer to truck and computer to run it. Most have the deal for about 3k for all of this together. Still have to pay about 1600 a year to use the program. I'd buy dealership program of course but it still wouldn't give me complete access to my truck.

That's honestly an outrageous price to be forced to pay for the permission to work on my own equipment...

Still going to try to find something when i can. Texa has a laptop with something different then Davie around 8k, don't know how well it works. No subscription there at least. Others are offering the laptops with jpro and esa5, i know jpro doesn't do what i need and believe esa only does Kenworth side, nothing for engine.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. spsauerland

spsauerland Road Train Member

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
    $1800 one time, no subscription fees on DAVIE 4. None of the aftermarket programs work very well at all. As far turbo lag, done a air management system service. 13 Pete 386 Low Oil Pressure

pushbroom and Trooper13 Thank this.
  4. Trooper13

Apr 16, 2018
    Casper, WY
    I've been thinking with as proprietary as paccar is with this engine only Davies will work very well. Haven't seen anything that says i can run the program without subscription. Everything I've found says that it's internet based to be able to use it and that requires the subscription. Where did you find yours?

Like i say, no codes for turbo lag. I was hoping there fuel lifter pump replacement was going to help but didn't. New air filter about 10k miles ago. Not finding any leaks or anything along air system. Not really sure what to look at besides the computer. Seems like the computer is cutting back fuel or something but not reporting it really. I don't know...

5. spsauerland

spsauerland Road Train Member

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
    Soot plugged sensors and EGR cooler causes all kinds of issues.

pushbroom and Trooper13 Thank this.
  6. Trooper13

Apr 16, 2018
    Casper, WY
    Found a broken exhaust clamp finally. Hopefully that cures the lag and weaker power problems

7. Trooper13

Apr 16, 2018
    Casper, WY
    Running a little short of 600 miles today. Started with 7/8 tank of def. Looks like I'll have about 5/8 when i park. Seems like it's moving the right quantity of fluid. Still getting the red light with the low def warning and the cel that normally has see owners manual x2 and engine percent torque x4. Doesn't really feel like there's any change in how it's running when the cel comes on and it clears within a few minutes.

Almost seems like the computer is just stuck cycling the cel. Can that kind of thing happen and should i try to get the ecm flashed or something?

Getting the discharge hose between pump and doser tomorrow. I guess I'll pull the doser back off and make certain it's not already fouled up for some reason. I guess nearly everything will be brand new after replacing the hose, really only thing left will be wiring harnesses. Probably going to have to just live with the warnings until i can finally get a good time to get truck in to shop for a few of the maintenance items, get them to run diagnostics then if i can afford it.

I appreciate the help from y'all, thank you

8. pushbroom

pushbroom Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Red light in the def gauge means after treatment codes are present.
    Might have logged scr efficiency codes or even DEF derate codes.
    Needs to get hooked to Davie but ya knew that already. Kinda chasing phantoms without codes.

daf105paccar and spsauerland Thank this.
  9. Trooper13

Apr 16, 2018
    Casper, WY
    Pretty sure it's running the same codes as it has been. Only real code has been pump module pressure too low on ignition. Definitely going to pull codes if i am able tomorrow. Just wondering if something like having to pull the abs fuse glitched the computer or something

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.