Paccar no pulling power

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by jmjfarms, Jan 5, 2020.

1. jmjfarms

jmjfarms Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2020
    I’m not a truck driver. But I have a close friend that is. Pete with Paccar. Had truck for several years. Been awesome. Recently lost power while piling a load. Runs fine bobtail no torque loaded. After $11k worth of wiring harnesses, a new turbo, reprogramming (deleted several years back) it’s still not fixed. I ran across a post by spsauerland that caught my attention and there seems to be a wealth of knowledge here and I’m trying to find a way to help him get back to work. Thanks for any help.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You mentioned new programming deleted several years back the old OEM programming.

I don't know about that.... most dealers and such will NOT touch a deleted truck.

If a truck is tired, a dog, wont run like she used to etc.. toss her get another that will snort and run for you. Don't throw all that money trying to save old paint that needs to be retired anyway or regulated to show truck circuit or something else not involved with hauling loads.

4. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
  5. spsauerland

spsauerland Road Train Member

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
    What boost is it making under a hard pull? Turbo control after a delete leans heavily on feedback from the boost pressure sensor and exhaust gas pressure sensor before turbine. Has he verified they are not plugged and sensing tube from exh manifold to exh gas backpressure sensor is not plugged?

6. jmjfarms

jmjfarms Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2020
    Being deleted is a problem. Dealer won’t look at it. 2012 model. MX13. EPA 13. No Codes. No CEL. 10 speed. Loaded it starts lugging in 10th and won’t hardly run above 45 mph. Shift to 9th and it will jump from 45 to 60 mph real quick then that’s it. Wasn’t doing this 3 months ago.

7. jmjfarms

jmjfarms Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2020
    I know they’re not plugged. Will work on making sure that they are working.

8. spsauerland

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
    2012 would be an EPA 10 MX from factory. What are you pulling codes with?

9. spsauerland

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
    It's a PITA, but run a wire through the sensing tube from the exhaust manifold to EBP sensor before turbine to verify it is clear.

10. pushbroom

pushbroom Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Whats the last 8 of the s/n? Just to make sure we are talking about the correct version. Pete or kw?

11. jmjfarms

jmjfarms Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2020
    Will double check to see whether 10 or 13? Not sure what the shop in Savannah used to pull codes.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.