Paccar no pulling power

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by jmjfarms, Jan 5, 2020.

1. jmjfarms

jmjfarms Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2020
    Ok. I will relay the information. Kinda foreign to me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jmjfarms

jmjfarms Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2020
    It’s a Pete. I will have to get s/n.

4. jmjfarms

jmjfarms Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2020
    And if it helps..... low side pulls awesome. No power on high side. Been deleted for 2 years. Was redeleted last week after the new turbo.

5. pushbroom

pushbroom Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Why was the turbo replaced? Actuator got recalibrated during install?

6. jmjfarms

jmjfarms Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2020
    Turbo was leaking oil. Replaced turbo and actuator. I guess turbo was replaced bc none of the wiring harnesses fixed the issue. But we think the old turbo was still working.
    We obviously don’t know what the problem is but I think it’s a sensor somewhere. Even if it’s not, I just believe it’s something relatively simple. But I could be wrong. The problem is pinpointing the issue without dealer support. Computer the shop used shows everything is good. So we don’t know where to start.

7. spsauerland

spsauerland Road Train Member

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In

Attached Files:

8. jmjfarms

jmjfarms Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2020
    Not much of an update but he went ahead and drove it to work today. (Just got it out of shop Saturday) He was gonna run it in 8th or 9th just to make a check. Said it was pulling pretty good when loaded. Said he was having to downshift into 9th more than usual but not so much that he couldn’t live with it. So I guess we will see how tomorrow goes.

9. blm7171

blm7171 Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2022
    Has there been any resolution for this problem? I have a 2013 Peterbilt with the paccar MX 13 non deleted. I've had it for 2 years and it has always had a low power issue on the top end. I've done a lot of work to it and have access to Davie4. I have been all over this thing with the computer and have taken it to several different mechanics and no luck. I do have it narrowed down to low boost. When it runs correctly, which is for short periods of time usually after a key cycle, it will get to 34-35 pounds of boost. When it loses the boost it will then only get to 29-30 pounds. I've changed the sensor before turbine, delta pressure sensor, boost sensor, cleaned the steel lines for both plus the sensor after BPV. I've changed the injectors and it had an egr flush early on after I bought it in 2020. I've also cleaned many of the other sensors that I can't think of their names. I've also checked the CAC for leaks and all is good. This is a seasonal and backup truck. It just turned 770000 miles. It starts right up and runs great. Has plenty of power bobtailing and if my trailer is empty its usually fine. However one day I was bucking a pretty hard wind and with the trailer empty it wouldn't even hold 55. Like I said earlier, if I do a key cycle, it will have good boost for a short period of time and then lose it. And to top it off there are no codes. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

10. spsauerland

spsauerland Road Train Member

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
    What engine mode is it in when power is low?

11. blm7171

blm7171 Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2022
    Normal running mode.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.