Paccar

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by Creolejo, Aug 24, 2016.

1. YO...HO

YO...HO Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2015
    Well well company driver

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Thanks.

Wrong.
    17+ y as a succesfull O/O.

4. YO...HO

YO...HO Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2015
    Congrats and my respect, but I'm sure it wasn't on an ISHIFT brother!

5. superduck

superduck Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Kaufman Texas
    I can tell you from my experience that Paccar will be the worst equipment purchase you will ever make. I have 2 of these boat anchors. The engine itself is solid, its just every single thing that's bolted to it. I truly believe I could now be a Paccar certified tech as much as I myself work on these 2 trucks. Getting one fixed at the dealer is really a joke. They hook there little Davie to it and run through a process of steps. This usually in tells a bunch of parts you didn't need and a bunch of labor you don't want to pay. These are plagued with check engine lights and injector issues. Resell value is another thing. Save yourself a bunch of headache buy pre emission. You will be glad you did!!!!

sirhwy Thanks this.
  6. BoostedTeg

BoostedTeg Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Boise ID
    One of my friends 2016 KW t680 with paccar mx 13 had to be rebuilt with less than 100k miles.

7. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    What for?
    Who paid?
    Some extra info would help.

BoostedTeg Thanks this.
  8. BoostedTeg

BoostedTeg Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Boise ID
    It was covered under warranty. When he told me about it he just said that Kenworth is going to rebuild it. I honestly didn't ask why

9. WitchingHour

WitchingHour Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    That would be interesting to know. While I'm not a huge fan of the MX13, I've yet to see one which needed to be rebuilt at 100k, and one of my employers is one who switched to the Gen 2 MX13 as the primary engine in their fleet.

10. superduck

superduck Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Kaufman Texas
    under 500k and truck has lost cylinder #4!!!! makes me sick

11. Belials

Belials Light Load Member

Jun 10, 2014
    I do warranty for Peterbilt. I don't think I've seen rebuilds at 100k. Also - the MX hate thread make me laugh. I see Cummins engines fail just as often and badly as MX engines.

If you ever wanna know the personal bias of which engine is better, just ask the trucker who had a bad experience with one, and you'll know which way their bias leans.

If you want to know which engine is actually better, talk to a dealership and you'll find out that they both have their pros and cons but are more or less the same and fail about the same with the same failure rates.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.