Packing List for Students

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by notarps4me, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Turtle08

Turtle08 Bobtail Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Illinois
    they put it in as a team. you each get your own shower room but only have to pay for one. unless you really want to but that is between you and your trainer. :sign5:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nicnat2

nicnat2 Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2008
    sin city
    Come on...be real,let me explain it some more. When you purchase 50 gal or more of fuel, you get a shower...you take it to the fuel desk and show them and they give you another shower ticket for your co-driver...that's all there is to it.

4. TheRumRunner

TheRumRunner Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    yeah, yeah.... sure we believe ya..i'm packing my soap on the rope :biggrin_2559:

5. road dawg

road dawg Bobtail Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Beaver Dam, WI
    Baby Wipes, learned this one in the Gulf, never leave home without 'em now

6. teddy_bear6506

teddy_bear6506 I'm Vintage

May 23, 2009
    Between Valhalla and Hades
    This may not be considered a necessity, but for the ladies who have never been on the road before, this came in very handy during the short time I was out with a friend. If you have kids or grandkids that use baby wipes, take an empty baby wipe container with you along with your baby wipes. This will come in quite handy in the middle of the night or while sitting at a dock and mother nature calls you. A funnel and an empty pop or water bottle will also be handy to dispose of the contents. Make sure the baby wipe box has a lid that fits tight or put a couple of rubber bands around it for security. You can place the evidence in a Wal Mart bag is embarrassed for your trainer to see it and toss it in the trash at your next stop. Believe me, you don't want to have to go in the middle of the night and try to fight your way out of the top bunk, get the curtains out of the way, and step into a parking lot or try to cross the lot in the middle of the night by yourself.

Also, if you have long hair, you might want to remember to take some pony ties with you. You will not necessarily get a shower every day and you will be glad to pull your hair back and throw a ball cap on. I don't use makeup, but I would suggest you leave it at home if you do.

judith1962 Thanks this.
  7. Abafrog

Abafrog Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2009
    nixa, mo
    Thanks for this post!

8. Trekker1

Trekker1 Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Castle Rock, CO
    Two questions -several pages back, it was mentioned that a sleeping bag is better for training than blankets to save space. How heavy of a sleeping bag? I don't want to freeze, but then again I don't want to drown in sweat while I'm trying to sleep! Would one rated to 20 degrees be good for the winter season across the US?

Second, what is the largest duffle I should bring for my basic stuff? I was thinking about 3 feet long by 2 feet wide- too big? Any advice for this? Thanks!

9. Trekker1

Trekker1 Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Castle Rock, CO
    Sorry, these have already been answered. Guess I should quit being lazy!

10. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    Sleeping Bags:

Wait until you are in the truck with the trainer THEN stop at the first Wal-Mart and buy a bag but I would not get a "mummy" bag! get one good to 40* and then a large sheet that you will put in it folded to "get between" (this keeps the bag from getting 'too' smelly and a light weight single blanket to cover up with. If it gets colder then pull the over half of the bags over for more warmth.

post 168 is a good post I did while back. It has a list you can follow. After you get your own truck then you can buy a set of sheets made for the size mattress you have in the truck and more blankets.

11. 94nole

94nole Light Load Member

Jul 28, 2007
    JAX, FL
    I know that the orignal post was a long time ago but I am absolutely ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!:biggrin_2559:

miconn Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.