Packing List for Students

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by notarps4me, Jan 24, 2007.

1. GrumpysLady

GrumpysLady Bobtail Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Fort Scott, KS
    Ok, I have 5 changes of clothes in a compact bag, my "shower kit and meds, my briefcase with all the essentials including my laptop, paperwork, atlas and a clipbord, a sleeping bag, pillow and my insulated coveralls. I leave for orientation on the 5th, is there anything else I need?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bigray

Bigray Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    congrats grumpyslady, and best of luck to you.

i start on the 7th.
    i have the basics, but trying to decide if i will need a gear bag, xtra shoes,blanket & etc. may be gone for awhile

i'm told i most likely wont be powered/trainered up # orientation site, may ship me/us to CO,UT,OR are their other sites.

HAPPY TRAILS:biggrin_25519:

4. P51-D

P51-D Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2008
    My truck

That one made me laugh. :biggrin_2559: It's the honest truth though, you'll never have the tool that you need!

5. WAGONPULLER

WAGONPULLER Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Salt Lake City UT
    dont forget your "sense of humor"

NYCB2A, usrt66, spectacle13 and 3 others Thank this.
  6. seansolo

seansolo Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Cambridge, Ohio
    I haven't searched yet in case there already is one, but I think an interesting thread would be for experienced drivers to list "recipes" that can be cooked in the truck (a regular truck, not one of those over-sized ones with sinks, ovens and showers.)

I would like to see how creative yu'ns have gotten with the grub.

7. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...ies-room/34606-ok-ladies-let-s-cook-help.html

8. rocketdoc75

rocketdoc75 Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2008
    Racine, Wi

One more thing I would add is a small First Aid Kit: bottle of peroxide, iodine, athletic tape, 2x2 gauze poads, some 4x4 gauze pads, something to custom cut pieces of the gauze like medicla scissors, triple anti biotic ointment, and some Q-tips for applying ointment where not a lot is needed, you cna keep it all in a fairly small sized plastic container w/ a locking lid. and one last thign to carry would be the gold bond triple action medicated foot powder. (the green bottle). I swear by it. and a tube of anti fungal foot creme as well. hope this helps you out.

9. seansolo

seansolo Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Cambridge, Ohio
    Yeah I found some cooking stuff, LOL:biggrin_2553:

10. knightbringer

knightbringer Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2007
    macon, ga
    If you have a portable dvd player, tv with dvd or vhs, or laptop, save your 20 bucks and buy some movies. Or rent online, have em delivered to the house, pick up and return when your home. If your wife has a problem, explain how this situation could possibly be worse, she'll understand eventually. If you decide to have a visitor in your bunk, you might get company that won't leave.

11. rumbarrel

rumbarrel Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Gardnerville, NV
    staple gun?? Birth cert. ?? work history, reference addresses and TX #'s ??:smt101

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.