Packing List for Students

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by notarps4me, Jan 24, 2007.

1. nascarchuck

nascarchuck Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2008
    DFW, TX
    18... Randall will give you the trainers phone.number on the intenerary (sp). Call the trainer and talk to him. Ask if he has room for this stuff. That's what I did and he appreciated my calling him.

But I would recommend the bare minimum until you get into your own truck. Remember, you will be sleeping with you bags and whatever you bring at the foot of a twin size bed. That gets crowded.

18dreamer Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Skull_Leader

Skull_Leader Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2012
    That's what your team mate is for

4. wiseguy

wiseguy Bobtail Member

May 28, 2012
    jersey city nj
    fruit or fruit juice, fruit ####tail, sugar, moldy bread, plastic bags, ketchup , water, ballons and lotion

5. 19MT70

19MT70 Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2013
    The last few to list what they were packing didn't include the flipflops that are in the list from the OP. Maybe some new drivers/students aren't aware just why flipflops are in that list. Think of them as shoes for the shower that you *always* use for *every* shower you take as a driver outside your own home. You never know just what that driver that used that Pilot shower ahead of you did in there or how well the attendant cleaned it before you got in. On top of that the fungus for athlete's foot just loves communal showers.

6. Davidf777

Davidf777 Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Thanks for the handy list. Appreciate your help!

7. kirk

kirk Medium Load Member

Jan 15, 2009
    ks
    I think a woman wearing a ball cap is hott!

8. scottvfly

scottvfly Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2013
    In all the post I have seen anyone ask so I Thought I would, What are you thoughts on spending money. Example Im going to school,plus orientation plus 28 days with trainer. thoughts on how much is enough, to much etc thanks.

9. Zen Trucker

Zen Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2012
    You going to use all cash or do you have a credit card? If all cash, figure your budget/meal x days away. Also, find out if you will have any access to a fridge or cooler or if you will have to eat all your meals in truck stops. I probably average around $7 to $10/day for groceries and a hot meal every other day. I'm not sure how your company is set up if your trainer pays all the tolls, etc. If not, I'd have an extra $200 or so for incidentals. You probably won't need nearly that much but better to have it if something does come up.

10. dave82

dave82 Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2013
    So it is basically like packing for small deployments, cool.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.