Packing while driving

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by skinnytrucker79, Sep 20, 2017.

1. skinnytrucker79

skinnytrucker79 Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Wisconsin
    i guess this is probably a good place to put this topic. A sensitive topic as well, I'm not asking who and if you are but with all the crazies out there in the world , since this is our home for a majority of our lives and their are plenty of stories of drivers being attacked for their freight or road rage issues what's your view on protecting yourself if the need presented itself in a emergency situation . I know many states are going back to constitional cary laws. I know their are laws pertaining to that very issue of is it legal or not pr state . The law is not on our side as drivers either , we are disposable to the general public and most companies so shouldn't it be the drivers personal choice to protect his or her life regardless , . I visit Chicago often. A state with one of the toughest gun control laws but the highest number of shootings (1,200 this year if I remember right ) . I'm not trying to turn this into a political rant just the opinions of drivers that are responsible and value protecting their lives so we can all come home safely to our families . The DOT, dispatcher, bosses etc are not gonna look out for and protect us while we give up our lives and families for their profit

poppapump1332, Nuffy and JayBibb Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    What are you trying to say or ask? I have researched this topic, which has many threads on TTR, until I pulled out all my hair! I will tell you my story and give the advice I would give anyone. I started this all while I was living in TN, and I have had my CCW for 25 years, (IN, TN & MI). Anyway, I have been a truck driver since May 08 My TN permit was good in 34 states and the ones I didn't drive in/thru I just didn't go to. Now your post talked about ####cago and I carry thru/In ####cago as well and here is why, 430ILCS 65. This little unknown law in IL allows legal CCW holders to cross thru, or do business in, IL. I was pulled over by LE while pulling containers this past summer. I handed the officer my ID & CCW, this is what I do everytime I am pulled over, so the officer and me are on solid ground. The officer acted like he knew nothing of the law but in the end, he let me go. I was and am, willing to go to jail to protect my 2nd amendment and I know if I did that day, I would have been released the next day, vindicated. I have an app on my IPhone called; Legal Heat. It is current an all laws pertaining to each state and firearms. I have found this app to be invaluable, and I suggest everyone that has a CCW to get the app. Don't be afraid to carry, legally, just do your research.

Sailmanmedic, cybill234, crb and 5 others Thank this.
  4. CleverNDGuy

CleverNDGuy Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2016
    Bakken Basin
    Driver, the general rule for those who posses a cwl is be judged by 12 or carried by 6.period.As far as ####cago good luck up there.

5. BlackThought

BlackThought Medium Load Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Memphis,TN
    HP for man. FMJ for when man wants to hide behind barriers.

I'd rather be in court than in a casket if I can help it.

[​IMG]

6. skinnytrucker79

skinnytrucker79 Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Ohhh Pretty

7. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    No need for court or jail if you simply follow the easy to follow laws. There is NO law that says you can't legally carry your pistol in a commercial vehicle. I too would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 but, I don't have to worry about that because I know the law. The law as it is written, allows me to carry and that is all I care about.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  8. CleverNDGuy

CleverNDGuy Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2016
    Bakken Basin
    Let the people say aaaaamen!

skinnytrucker79 and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  9. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    I was on President's Island early one morning recently, and it's a place where there should be little traffic at that time. Sure enough, here comes a guy on a bicycle and I told myself "I hope he's lived a full life if he has any intentions approaching me." He rode on by and lived to see another day.

10. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Don't ask, don't tell.

skinnytrucker79 Thanks this.
  11. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    To those of you that choose to carry without a CCW from your state, I truly respect your free will and all that but I must put a picture in your head. If, a big if, you ever have to use the firearm to defend yourself, you will go to prison, if you were in possession of that firearm illegally, you know this right? Just like the commercial driver that gets side swiped by a bus because the bus driver was falling a sleep and crashes, killing many on board. After all is said and done the Commercial truck driver was 2 minutes over his 11, just 2 miles from the truck stop he/she was planning on parking at. Who do you think is going to get stuck with the charge of killing those people??? If said commercial driver wouldn't have been on the road at that moment, well those people may not be dead. If you would not have had that firearm illegally, that purp would not be dead, It means nothing that you yourself may be dead... Stupid politicians....

skinnytrucker79 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.