Paid by the load

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by tlf0619, Apr 22, 2009.

1. tlf0619

tlf0619 Bobtail Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Mt. Pocono, PA
    Oh, they haven't shown him the papers yet. They said something about no one ever asking to see them before and it would take them awhile to get them together. I wonder why that would be...unless they have something to hide.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Les2

Les2 Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2008
    kicked back in my lazyboy...
    Another thing you need to do is look at the lease! Does it say 70% of 100% or 70% of AGR (adjusted gross revenue).

One thing to learn if he's gonna own a truck, when you call in to get a load and they tell you what its gonna pay the truck, you tell them you can do the math so give you what the load is paying gross and what the surcharge is gonna pay! Always write it down in a book or something so you can go back to it for a reference when you get your pay.

4. tlf0619

tlf0619 Bobtail Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Mt. Pocono, PA
    I couldn't tell ya yet. They haven't shown him the paperwork yet. Something about how it'll take a few days to show him because no one has ever asked to see them before. That's bull if you ask me...they're just hiding something and they can't show him right away to cover their own butts. He's seeing about switching companys. The way I look at it is, there has to be some somewhat decent trucking companies out there, otherwise there wouldn't be so many drivers, right? Because I don't know any semi-intelligent people who would continue to be treated like dirt. These companies need to realize that they can't keep walking all over people or they're gonna wind up driving the trucks themselves...

5. tlf0619

tlf0619 Bobtail Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Mt. Pocono, PA
    All it says is 70% of the line haul rate. And you're right, 70% of 100%, 70% of the load worth after a finder's fee...what? Very cryptic.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.