Paid CDL Training in Arkansas?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Pixul, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Pixul

Pixul Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Thinking about getting my CDL, however after being laid off recently, I dont really have the funds to pay for my own schooling. Is there any reputable companies that do paid training in the central Arkansas area that you all know of?

Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Carter Express, LLC
    https://carter-express.com
    Welcome to the home of Carter Express, LLC. The best drivers in the nation want to drive for Carter year after year because they know we value our drivers.
    (I think Carter Express has a cdl school in Paragould)
    Dry van and has lots of auto parts accounts.

4. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Home | Maverick
    maverickusa.com
    Maverick is an industry-leading provider of transportation and logistics services.
    Maverick Transportation is flatbed.

Puppage Thanks this.
  5. Pixul

Pixul Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2019
    I called them, couple months wait list unfortunately.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Here in Arkansas, you go visit Department of Workforce within the DHS system at the State Level. If it is within your ability medically and so forth to drive a 18 wheeler after training to get your CDL etc. The Department after evaluating you may proceed with paying your tuition with one very important gotcha.

After you graduate or have a CDL etc, YOU must remain in Arkansas 4 years beyond as a minimum. That way you pay back what was given to you by the State.

ASU has a good trucking school program you might even sign a paper for federal money for that school. You will get the CDL at some point after.

The other school I am familiar with is on 65th street in Little Rock south. Unfortunately 65th and University streets are extremely high threat areas to your life. You do not dress rich like a Lord. You dress down to plain clothing in neutral colors (Vice Lords is gold, Bloods Red and Crips blue and so on..)

Good luck to you.

Gambosa and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Try Carter Express; this company has an excellent reputation with drivers that have posted on here.

8. Pixul

Pixul Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Thanks, unfortunately I live too far away for their training program :|

9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Pretty sure they provide lodging and meals with in school.

10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Are there any cdl schools near you? Which town are you near?
    CFI - www.cfidrive.com - pays for cdl school. May pay for a local school or ship you to Joplin, MO for school; all expenses paid.
    Company-paid Tuition
    With a 12-month commitment to drive for CFI, qualified students can now receive fully paid tuition to attend driving school in Missouri. We’ll even cover your room and board for the duration of the four-week course.
    Tuition Reimbursement
    If you’re working toward obtaining your CDL to begin your driving career at CFI, we’ll make your monthly tuition payments for the first 12 months of employment and then pay off the remainder of your tuition, up to $4,000 total.

11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Our CDL Truck Driver Training Terminals include:
    • Anderson, Indiana
    • Paragould, Arkansas
    Don’t let “cost” be a barrier to starting a rewarding driving career and joining the Carter Express family of drivers.
    Carter Express offers a unique CDL truck driver training program to help qualified applicants earn their CDL. We partner with certified schools and can sponsor our students/trainees. This includes covering 100% of the tuition costs or offering a tuition reimbursement program. Once our trainees have secured their CDL, Carter Express has a six-week paid training program to prepare our trainees for their new career.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.