"Paid CDL training through Schneider"

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by bubba96, Mar 21, 2018.

1. bubba96

bubba96 Light Load Member

Mar 23, 2015
    So I put in my application for Schneider yesterday and received the contract through email. As I was reading it towards the end it said the fees that i'm responsible for. And out of the 5 fees 2 of them were for the cdl fee, and cdl skills test. I thought this was company paid? I understand Schneider is paying for my schooling but I thought they would cover the skills test and cdl fee? Is it still worth going through schneider for training or a different company? And before anybody says it, I don't qualify for the government to help me. Why? I don't know i somehow don't.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dan.S

Dan.S Light Load Member

May 10, 2017
    The company pays for the substantial portion of your training.

If you pay your own way through a CDL school, you’re looking at anywhere from $5,000-$10,000.

If you’re quibbling over the roughly $200 in DMV costs for obtaining your CDL, with a job guaranteed...

No company, to my knowledge, is going to pay the fees involved directly with the DMV, in order for your license to be issued.

The costs that are covered, are the substantially larger ones of housing, and use of the trucks during the training, and for the test.

ethos, Rollr4872, Gin86 and 1 other person Thank this.
  4. Gin86

Gin86 Light Load Member

Nov 3, 2017
    Huntsville, AL
    I'm going to Schneider through the same way, and they do not pay for your license stuff or anything dmv related. You might also have to take a DOT physical before starting school, depends on the school they send you too. This is also out of pocket if they require it. I paid $80. If you live too far away, they will pay for your hotel during school.

I don't think any company will pay for your licensing and such. It is a guaranteed job however, assuming you pass, so........

Rollr4872 and Dan.S Thank this.
  5. dan31186

dan31186 Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Cincinnati, OH
    I got an hourly wage while training for class A's and didn't have to pay anything for them. Although it was for a local delivery/vendor type job. And now I hear they mostly only offer class B's.
    But yes it's pretty normal to have to pay the license and test fees.

Dan.S Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.