Paid CDL Training???

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Rt325, Feb 16, 2024.

1. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

WIOA is a grant program administered through the state unemployment office. It will pay for training to unemployed/underemployed people seeking to learn a new job.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The one california kid

The one california kid Medium Load Member

Oct 31, 2023
    Everybody deserves a second chance. Also, the silly way our justice system works, there are actually innocent people that are in prison for a crime they didn't commit.

4. Jamie01

Jamie01 Light Load Member

Dec 13, 2020
    Regardless of the seriousness of the crime, once someone has served their sentence, including parole or whatever, what more do you want? If the crime carries a life sentence, fine. But otherwise they should be allowed, in fact encouraged, to fully reintegrate into society. Get whatever job they're qualified for, register to vote, become just another person.

bryan21384, Numb and Wargames Thank this.
  5. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    Im sorry, you are exactly right, but if they continue the same bad path ,then no. Again, you are right, on second chances. IM wrong. and there
    must be a new life.

Numb Thanks this.
  6. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    your right, i was wrong, there is a second chance, and there are many that changed there way of life for the better, and i support them. But if they fall off the wagon, and return to the bad decisions in there prior life, then we walk away from them and wish them the best of luck

tscottme Thanks this.
  7. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    A felony is any crime in which the sentence "can" be a year or more in prison, whether or not they actually serve that time does not matter. So, it's a VERY broad brush, and there are plenty of non-violent, and pretty much victimless felonies.

nextgentrucker and Numb Thank this.
  8. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    What's wrong with having a whole bunch of felons driving a truck? They are out of jail trying to do something with themselves, and trucking is an honest profession. I don't see what difference it makes whether they want to drive or do any other profession. You don't have to but I'm gonna celebrate the fact that he's trying to get his life back on track, and I'll help him in any way I can.

How long ago were your felonies? Who all.have you applied to? Also, did you check with your state's career center? I went to school on a grant that covered most of the cost, I only had to finance 1900 of it. They started taking payments once I found a job and it got paid off within my first year.

9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    How close are you to Janesville?
    This company used to train driver to acquire a cdl. Not showing on the website now though. Pays hourly, even on long runs; pays hourly 24/7 until you return to Janesville.
    ~
    • upload_2024-2-17_8-31-22.jpeg

10. Rt325

Rt325 Bobtail Member

Feb 16, 2024
    Not too far, I'm in Watertown, so maybe abot 40 minutes.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  11. Rt325

Rt325 Bobtail Member

Feb 16, 2024

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.