Paid miles weekly total

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by Joker85, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Yeah, I already heard. I got contacts at May still :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Joker85

Joker85 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    Ha very sneaky

4. grusco

grusco Light Load Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Rosemount, MN
    Joker, you mentioned above you spent a portion of 2012 at JB Hunt. I'm scheduled to join Hunt Intermodal in Chicago orientation on 4/22. I've been driving for about a year. Last six months driving tanker in North Dakota oil fields (extreme conditions!). JBH is paying 40 cpm. They tell me I'll regularly gross over $1k weekly. I live in Twin Cities area and not sure May would be available to me. Tell me about your thinking in the change to May please. Would like to hear about your experience. Thanks!

5. Joker85

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    Stay with JB they own 51% of the freight in the chicago area. You will make that my W2 from them I was there 11 weeks made 11,720. If you like to run they have all the freight you can handle. I'm waiting for a rail position to open up in az for jb. I would go back to them in a heart beat. They re very safety oriented and good benefits

grusco Thanks this.
  6. Joker85

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    Alot of people asked why I left. I moved there for a girl my home is az now was illinois but you won't regret it.

7. grusco

grusco Light Load Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Rosemount, MN
    JBH looked good to me. My wife has become somewhat disabled and I need to be able to get home more than I do now. 6 months in oil fields I've been home twice. Money is pretty good but it costs me about $1,700 a month to live here. I send home about $3k a month after insurance ($330 for the family but deductables are pretty high). I'd rather make a bit less and get home every couple of weeks for a few days.
    they wanted me to ride the grey dog to orientation. I said "no thanks". I can fly for less than a hundred bucks and be there in a little over an hour.

8. Joker85

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    My paid miles were 12,019 for march the other figure was driven

Scooter Jones Thanks this.
  9. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    That's still really good for May!

I hesitate to post this because I don't want to seem like I'm trying to "up you one", however, my paid miles for March were right at 13, 000. Plus, I was home 10 nights in March.

A lot of what I'm doing now is dropping and hooking, which makes a huge difference for mile average. I never sit waiting for my next dispatch. Usually my dm is telling what direction to head in after I drop or unload beforehand.

My job is like stealing candy from a baby :)

10. Joker85

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    No,i understand. May could be like that if they chose to. But they make more off entry levels then keeping an experienced driver.

11. Efon

Efon Road Train Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Fort Collins, CO
    Congrats there Joker. I always heard that loop was a fairy tale.....

Say hi to White Mocha and Mr. Boyd on Saturday for me. Sadly I won't make the wedding. Found out my sister is getting married this summer, and I am going to be a groomsman. So now I HAVE to go to her wedding :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.