Paid while earning CDL

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by wfutch79, Jul 21, 2017.

1. wfutch79

wfutch79 Medium Load Member

Jul 1, 2013
    St. Petersburg, Florida
    I am asking for a friend as I already have my CDL.

I have inspired my friend to get his CDL. He needs a company that will pay him while he is learning and earning his CDL. I know of Prime, are there other companies that will pay him while he in their school and/or learning on the road with a driver/instructor? He is located in Columbus, Ohio currently and is interested in Over The Road as we will be teaming once we both have some experience.

I am waiting @Chinatown :biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559:

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Roehl Transport is the only company that pays the students from day one. $500.00 a week until they complete school. After graduation from the formal classroom training, then hit the road with their trainer and start the trainee pay. Personally, I like Roehl's dry van National Fleet.

KeepitMovin47, Puppage and wfutch79 Thank this.
  4. wfutch79

Jul 1, 2013
    St. Petersburg, Florida
    I thought about them too, just was not sure if they paid while in school or not. He is signed up to go with Roadmaster then go to work for Werner right now, I am trying like heck to talk him out of that. Roehl will definitely be a better option.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Tell him Roadmaster is ok, but forget Werner. Werner has a huge driver turnover and that's why they purchased Roadmaster and AIT truck driving schools. Even after buying both truck driving schools, they still can't keep drivers because the pay is just too low. Pay looks good on paper, but it's just not there.
    Complete Roadmaster, then you two guys can team with Vero Logistics out of Margate,FL.
    You can also make big paychecks with Florida Beauty Express running teams, but it's fast paced hauling live plants out of Miami. Run to California every week and usually, reload there and go to New York, then back to Miami.
    Benny Whitehead Trucking in Eufaula,AL also hires teams & new cdl grads. They haul refrigerated loads off the west coast.
    Abilene Motor Express hires all over Florida and can run teams. They recently picked up some produce accounts in California.
    Vero Logistics has nice trucks set up right with Tripac APU, refrigerator, inverter, etc.

wfutch79 Thanks this.
  6. Wisconsinguy

Wisconsinguy Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2017
    Wisconsin
    I just graduated from Roehl and am heading out with my trainer. You can read the experience in the thread I posted. 500 a week, 90 a day with the driver trainer, then when you go solo it converts to mile pay. Awesome experience for me and I learned a lot, they treated us good.

7. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    Old Dominion has their our schools ( not running very often) and pay you to come to school.

8. snowmantrucking101

snowmantrucking101 Heavy Load Member

Mar 8, 2017
    I know of a few i can tell you about but they have 1 year contracts and NO compete clauses in them. let me know if you want the info. for your friend. and like Chinatown said.. tell him to stay clear of Werner!

wfutch79 Thanks this.
  9. wfutch79

Jul 1, 2013
    St. Petersburg, Florida
    Sure, I will take whatever you have. Anything to help him get started on the right foot.

10. Mel0574

Mel0574 Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2017
    I like 15 minutes from Roadmaster. I guess that is why they were pushing Werner, though they had US Truck, Stevens and Covenant recruiters thier.
    I like both of Stevens and Convenant recruiters. I stopped talking to Roadmaster at this time due to a push of one company. If your friend has already signed a contract. :( Stevens has thier own training. Does not pay during the initial classes. Pays you 4200 if you go to Roadmaster or another of thier approved schools. Covenant uses schools like Roadmaster and had best pay and bonus + reimbursement 15000$ after 5 years total. Guarantee 700 a week after school and Orientation

11. snowmantrucking101

snowmantrucking101 Heavy Load Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Venture Logistics in Indiania & Frontier Transport, Indiania also. both pay 75 per day excluding weekends and the 100 per day after obtaining CDL and while out with trainer. both run regional. bus ticket, hotel, provided. Venture charges a discount rate of 62 per night for a nice hotel. holler back if you need more.

wfutch79 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.