Pain Question

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by sk257090, Aug 6, 2020.

Do you experience pain in the rear from prolonged time in the drivers seat?

1. No, never

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Yes, sometimes after long hours

14 vote(s)
    58.3%
  3. Yes most of the time

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Experiment with different seat positions. Many trucks have a lumbar support button and can make a bulge behind your lower back. Try different setting with the seat height and the back upright in different spots. Take your wallet out of your pocket. Lose some weight if need be.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Just a dumb question. Do you still have your wallet in your back pocket? If you do, move it to a front pocket and see if your back pain goes away.

4. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    A wallet would not be an issue if people would try to keep things they rarely if ever need OUT of it. I have seen some people pull out a wallet 2 inches thick. You can move most of that stuff to a briefcase and keep it close by.

The best way I know of to lose a wallet is to develop the habit of laying it down. I have seen drivers do this a lot. I'm not perfect and I make my primary mistake for that day by the very act of getting out of bed. It never ceases to surprise me how nonchalant somebody can be about their wallet. When I was active at least 2 or 3 times a month I would remind someone they had left their wallet on the counter, or get up from a table and just walk away without it. Empty that sucker out make it as flat as possible, besides you are a trucker, you aint got no money anyway! :downtown:

5. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Donner party survivor

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    I wear cargo shorts and pants while driving just so wallet has front pockets to reside in

Trucking in Tennessee Thanks this.
  6. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    You can order a card called Safedome that is a tracker. It's helped me find mine a few times when left in the car. Although it's for wallets you can attach it to anything. It's credit card sized. Lasts about a year.

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  7. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    The way some jeans are sewn together at the rear usually where your tailbone is can make my ### sore. Take a cushion cut out a U shaped notch at the rear and see if that helps you. Fixed my problem 100% percent there. Not a fat slob either. Im all of 145lbs

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.