Pam and DAC

Discussion in 'PAM' started by sevenmph, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I've noticed that on a couple people I know....It seems like it's kinda like your MVR...the free version is a very limited info copy, and the paid version is what the companies see, with everything.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KleanSweep

KleanSweep Bobtail Member

May 3, 2012
    Brother, you can challenge that report. DAC will send your challenge to PAM and PAM has 30 days to reply. If they don't reply within 30 days DAC will remove the entry. Run with me on this. Hire-Right/DAC was involved in class action lawsuit pertaining to false information. This is hilarious - I challenge a DAC entry, I called the company, the young lady said "call HR here's the number". Well this number connected me to Hire-Right, nuff said.

Noggin Thanks this.
  4. KleanSweep

May 3, 2012
    I'm not defending the company. PAM uses that escrow to pay parking tickets and fines that a driver may have acquired. In short, you scan you citation to PAM and they will pay the fine for you using your escrow - its the drivers money. Then they will withdraw $25.00 each week until the escrow is back up to $400. Here why they do this. This is done to protect the lazy truck driver, who doesn't take care of his responsibilities or know how to manage his money. There nothing worse than having your truck impounded because someone didn't pay their fines that they acquired in your truck.

Here's for you. You have a truck driver with a traffic warrant on him for failing to pay fine. He gets stopped in the same state that he got a ticket and he has this outstanding warrant for failing to pay the fine or appear in court. He gets arrested and your truck gets impounded with a load on, what would you do to prevent stupid stuff like this from happening. Now you have to call your customer and tell them that they can't deliver the load. You next have to find another driver to pick up your truck from impound after you paid the tow and storage fee.
    Now lets say you're out $700.00 bucks. The consignee now says thanks for getting that load here, but you're a day late and we're not paying you. So now your company is $3,000.00 if that was a $2,300 run. So you negotiate with the shipper and agree on paying a lesser amount lets say they penalize you $1,000. Then the shipper is really torqued off because you're late to a very important client of theirs. They then start the ball rolling to cancel your account, when they find someone more reliable you no longer have a customer. Now lets say you're doing a $1,000,000 in business with this client. You now have to make up for the lost revenue and lets say you can't make up this loss in a timely fashion. Well, that means you have to dip into your cash reserve to pay the bills, or you can't buy a couple of new trucks. This is just something to think about why some companies what an escrow.

airforcetoo Thanks this.
  5. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Or, they just pay the ticket and take the cost out of your check.....

airforcetoo Thanks this.
  6. KleanSweep

May 3, 2012
    Pretty much if that's how you want to look at it. But they will not take it out all at once like I said $25.00 a week. I know I've been down this road several times. Sometimes I just paid the ticket myself. When I left PAM, yes I did get my escrow back. People may not agree with the process, but it works.

7. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Didn't say I don't agree. Just not all companies do it. Point was most companies are smart enough to pay the ticket cost before it spirals to the point of losing accounts.

airforcetoo Thanks this.
  8. pksteph

pksteph Bobtail Member

Mar 21, 2012
    TX
    I have a friend that quit because he wasn't getting paid. His truck was broke down for 3 weeks, too. It was ridiculous. He went for another job and they told him PAM said he was terminated for safety. He wasn't hired. He called PAM and pretty much threaten to drive to Arkansas. (lol Some people find him scary) He also threaten to sue.

He's now training with another company.

9. airforcetoo

airforcetoo Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Up in the air
    So they put on his report that he was fired because of safety, then they took it off his report once he threatened to sue?

10. pksteph

pksteph Bobtail Member

Mar 21, 2012
    TX
    I think so.

11. Taino

Taino Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Central, FL
    PAM, has some weird ways of working. I've been at that place for 2yrs 10months and they do truly try to play mind games. I am glad I got my escrow [400] back. Now their hole escrow has changed, DM system has changed and now they mandate teams for students after they are done with their 2wk of training on the road with a trainer. Insane I would say, plus allow a 3 month driver to become a trainer is totally insane.

Oh well at lease I don't have to deal with it anymore.

airforcetoo Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.